Possible AB Remaster?...this year will be hot!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know! I can't find any more information sofar. Will post if I find it.

http://www.u2gigs.com/article852.html
Update 2: Scratch that. After a break of about an hour and a half, @nwox on Twitter reports that U2 have resumed their rehearsals. Songs played so far incliude Even Better Than the Real Thing, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, Until the End of the World, two renditions of Where the Streets Have No Name (preceeded by the Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow snippet), One, and the
:grumpy: That's totally NOT the entire album dammit.At least The Fly is stillt here. Man I'd love to hear WGRYWH live someday too.

I actually think it would be hilarious if this documentary ends up showing them perform and talk through every single Achtung song except Acrobat. It doesn't even get a mention. You know the chances of Bono actually getting punched by one of his biggest fans in the days thereafter are suddenly really, really good. "I love you man, no hard feelings, but this is from ALL of us..."

:lol: Oh man.

I don't know what's worse. The fact that fans consider this or the fact that I think it coudl totally happen that way? :uhoh:

Gonna stir some more. :wink:

From today, compliments of the very lucky northstarjo :love:

bonobellybrianwinnipeg5-28-2011northstarjo.jpg

Check the sunglasses. This was taken yesterday. Zooropa aviators anyone?

u2gigs U2gigs
Holy crap. RT @tony_chiappetta: #u2360WPG the band ripping through Achtung Baby in its entirety in the theater
...Shit, cat. The AB remaster just got a lot more interesting.
Unlikely, but I hope they include a DVD with the vinyl edition. :pray:

I know Bono's got to at least be aware of fans' appreciation towards "Acrobat" - didn't an audience member ask him about the song on Elvis Costello's, "Spectacle," interview?

Awesome video, the sound is good :up:
I'm over thinking this, but the fact bono is talking over parts of the song (like in the intro, or right after the solo) as he does live, makes me think these sessions are rehearsals, rather than stuff getting recorded for the AB remaster... as in, hopefully the rare songs they played will be performed on tour or at glastonbury, and not just on the re-release.

Why on earth would they need to rehearse UTEOTW?!? They must be able to play that song in their sleep :wink:

Just a thought though - if indeed they are planning a filmed DVD of them playing the album in its entirety, as amazing as that would be, I'm not sure I'd take it over an Outside Broadcast show or footage of a ZooTv indoor show. Mainly cos that era is my personal favourite so the more official stuff released from then the better. Of course both would be :up: but I'd have thought that would be being too generous of them hehe.

rather than stuff getting recorded for the AB remaster...

They're not recording stuff for the AB remaster, they're filming them playing AB songs live for a related documentary.

But it probably is a bit of both that and rehearsals. They've been playing stuff like Elevation and Magnificent too, and the film might well have some angle to it that somehow incorporates non-AB songs, but it's also possible that they're either just making good use of the time to sharpen some stuff, or perhaps even making use of the similar-to-Glastonbury theatre staging to get stuff for that sorted.

I think Bono probably feels slightly uncomfortable with performing Acrobat. The song is about a hypocrite ('I must be an acrobat/ to talk like this/ and act like that') and, of course, Bono's critics accuse him of being a hypocrite (campaigning against poverty whilst living the life of a king blah blah). Just a theory.

I think Bono probably feels slightly uncomfortable with performing Acrobat. The song is about a hypocrite ('I must be an acrobat/ to talk like this/ and act like that') and, of course, Bono's critics accuse him of being a hypocrite (campaigning against poverty whilst living the life of a king blah blah). Just a theory.

I think most of Bono's haters critics, have no clue what the hell acrobat is about in the first place.

I actually think it would be hilarious if this documentary ends up showing them perform and talk through every single Achtung song except Acrobat. It doesn't even get a mention. You know the chances of Bono actually getting punched by one of his biggest fans in the days thereafter are suddenly really, really good. "I love you man, no hard feelings, but this is from ALL of us..."

:lol:

I think most of Bono's haters critics, have no clue what the hell acrobat is about in the first place.

screw the critics . . . we want acrobat NAO

angrymob.gif

:pray:

CBC.ca Player

at about 1:12...Guggenheim is a genius fillm-maker "he's making an album about those songs"

Maybe they will have the album in full on that DVD ?

What i am hoping for now is the album remastered, a bsides disc, another disc with re-recordings of all the songs (or live in theatre versions) and a DVD with a few new docos and a show

You want re-recordings? What? Really? Edit: or you just mean this 'running through the album live' thing?

- Remastered Achtung.
- B-Sides.
- Pre-Zooropa ZooTV show.
- This film, which hopefully will be several things, i.e. not *just* some neat stories about the songs or making of, and not *just* playing the album through, and not *just* some archival stuff, but something genuinely interesting, that also mixes all of that kind of stuff together. With a bit of a ZooTV spirit to it all.
- And a Trabant for everyone. Which can't be that hard. They are worth less then your average U2 Album Deluxe Edition.

I'd prefer live versions, but as a part of a remaster, a re-recording can't be all bad? Just for interests sake, it would be good to hear how current U2 would approach those songs. Edge is a more proficient guitarist, Adam is far more adventurous, and Bono's voice has a totally different quality now.. could be interesting

The thought of U2 revisiting Achtung Baby like that is more than a little scary.

I know they've since reverted, but still, It Can Go Horribly Wrong (Exhibit A): Elevation Fly.

:grumpy: That's totally NOT the entire album dammit.At least The Fly is stillt here. Man I'd love to hear WGRYWH live someday too.

The thought of WGRYWH live? Oooof, yeah. I still listen to this album on a regular basis and it has yet to get stale the way other TWENTY YEAR OLD albums have.

:heart:,

The thought of U2 revisiting Achtung Baby like that is more than a little scary.

I know they've since reverted, but still, It Can Go Horribly Wrong (Exhibit A): Elevation Fly.

I don't understand why people like Elevation Fly so much. I hope the version of The Fly that they've been rehearsing has been Vertigo's.

I don't understand why people like Elevation Fly so much. I hope the version of The Fly that they've been rehearsing has been Vertigo's.

I agree with what you said about the Vertigo version. It's better than Elevation imo. Elevation is great, don't get me wrong, but Vertigo tour version soars above Elevation's. I think Elevation The Fly is so well loved is because of the intro before it. Any version of The Fly straight up rocks though, no doubt!

Elevation Fly rocks. Vertigo Fly rocks even more.

Every single version rocks, even when Bono fucks up the lyrics so bad. :drool::rockon:

I agree with what you said about the Vertigo version. It's better than Elevation imo. Elevation is great, don't get me wrong, but Vertigo tour version soars above Elevation's. I think Elevation The Fly is so well loved is because of the intro before it. Any version of The Fly straight up rocks though, no doubt!

Its not the intro of elevation fly! Its the solo that Edge rips out right near the end :drool: Somehow the vertigo version just didn't do it for me.

You want re-recordings? What? Really? Edit: or you just mean this 'running through the album live' thing?

- Remastered Achtung.
- B-Sides.
- Pre-Zooropa ZooTV show.
- This film, which hopefully will be several things, i.e. not *just* some neat stories about the songs or making of, and not *just* playing the album through, and not *just* some archival stuff, but something genuinely interesting, that also mixes all of that kind of stuff together. With a bit of a ZooTV spirit to it all.
- And a Trabant for everyone. Which can't be that hard. They are worth less then your average U2 Album Deluxe Edition.

I think the only U2 album even considered for a re-recording with the remaster would be Pop. And I still think this is just a pipe dream for the band.

I seems this will surpass the JT remaster which had the album, the B-sides, the DVD show and one short documentary with two videos.
AB will have a longer DVD with presumably performances of at least a few AB songs in the studio (surely this Guggenheim film will be longer than Outside it's America), maybe that Interference video that used to be on VHS, the Zoo TV documentary from which Desire and Tryin' to throw were taken for the Sydney DVD etc.

You don't like Elevation Tour The Fly?? Wow, I think that's the first time I've ever read anything you've written that i've disagreed with! :wink:

Other than that, yeah,as you said present day U2 revisiting AB songs to make a new version of AB is more than a little scary..

I agree, but contrary to the bad experiment that was Elevation Fly, the Vertigo version sounded back to Zoo epic to me. Especially with the audible guitar parts played by Bono. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom