Popmart Bootleg question (Columbus)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Forgive me if this is in the wrong place. The Popmart Columbus show was my first concert ever, I was only 14, and I have only a few vague memories of it. Can anybody point me in the direction of a decent recording of that show?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Listening now, confirmed something I have been wondering about since that night when I was 14. During "I will follow", Bono says something about when he was 14, his girlfriend came over to Ohio State, and when she came back to Dublin, she had no bra, and OSU t-shirt, and wasn't very interested in him. And then he said he was really "PISSED OFF AT THIS PLACE!" The whole thing seems really strange, and hard to imagine it's true.

Anybody know what he'd be talking about?

Also, it was a really crappy version of I will follow. They actually had to stop it and start it again! How can they mess up IWF? How many times had they played that song since 1980? They were really bad in the early days of Popmart!

I am looking for the audio for U2360 - Edmonton, seems to be the only show that wasn't bootleged on the entire tour - this is the one I attended and it was excellent.

I am looking for the audio for U2360 - Edmonton, seems to be the only show that wasn't bootleged on the entire tour - this is the one I attended and it was excellent.

I attended that concert too. Beautiful outdoor Summer evening. Very good show and the crowd was really into it. First visit from U2 for Alberta I believe?

Back
Top Bottom