Popmart best U2 tour, Miss Sarajevo best song - according to Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YouTube - U2 Stay (Faraway & So close)

gir_crying.gif

That is just to fucking good

But this is better :)

YouTube - U2 - Stay (Union Chapel - Nov. 23, 2007 - Edge and Bono)

ZOO TV and Popmart fans need to stick together, not fight one another! :lol: I love both because they hsowed a more playful, ironic side to U2, which had been badly missing before and has been badly missing since. On the whole, I'd say ZOO TV was the best, however- you had Bono's amazing vocals, not to mention his alter-egoes! I wonder if this is Bono prepapring the faithful for the deserved return of Mofo, Last Night On Earth et al to the setlists?

This was in the recent Irish Times feature on U2. Can't find it on the website...so you will just have to trust me.

More than anything, I think this tells us where he's coming from as they plan the new tour.....

BTW I've been to a number of zoo and popmart shows, and pop BURIED the zoo.....

Maybe Bono met Popmart was the best "Tour" not the best "Show". For example, maybe he met the crew, production, logistics, & schedule. In a way Popmart could be called the best tour with all the continents they traveled. They played many cities they've never played before & never been back.

Didn't they stop performing the new version of Discotheque on the Vertigo Tour because Edge didn't like it?
I always thought Bono was a fan of the mid 90's while maybe its the boys that overrule him on the issue.

Or am I wrong?

Didn't they stop performing the new version of Discotheque on the Vertigo Tour because Edge didn't like it?
I always thought Bono was a fan of the mid 90's while maybe its the boys that overrule him on the issue.

Or am I wrong?

Bono is probably the one of the band who appreciates the 90s most... partially, I think, because in his opinion and my own, he didn't really become an amazing lyricist until Achtung Baby (I personally would argue that he dropped down again on ATYLCB and Bomb but hit 90s-levels again on NLOTH), in an album-sense instead of a song-sense.

Bono is probably the one of the band who appreciates the 90s most... partially, I think, because in his opinion and my own, he didn't really become an amazing lyricist until Achtung Baby (I personally would argue that he dropped down again on ATYLCB and Bomb but hit 90s-levels again on NLOTH), in an album-sense instead of a song-sense.

WHAT!
LOLO

Oh no mi amigo...JT was the start of his best material and then slumped on ATYCLB and HTDAAB...

WHAT!

Oh no mi amigo...JT was the start of his best material!

He had his moments... but, lyrically, JT as an album adds up to next to nothing. The only 80s album that I'd say really adds up to something lyrically is TUF, and it's... undeveloped.

Of course, by my logic, though, Bono of the 90s and NLOTH is probably the only good lyricist ever, so feel free to ignore me... again, what I consider 'good music' and 'good lyrics' is not exactly... normal.

He had his moments... but, lyrically, JT as an album adds up to next to nothing. The only 80s album that I'd say really adds up to something lyrically is TUF, and it's... undeveloped.

Of course, by my logic, though, Bono of the 90s and NLOTH is probably the only good lyricist ever, so feel free to ignore me... again, what I consider 'good music' and 'good lyrics' is not exactly... normal.

No, I see where you are coming from!

"...lyrically, JT as an album adds up to next to nothing"

:|

I'm just, gunna ignore that...

Back
Top Bottom