Pop and ATYCLB vinyl reissues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I managed to pick up wide awake in America for £2 about 10 years ago in my local second hand record store........wont be spending £29 on it now! I have every album on vinyl,never spent more than £20 on a vinyl album.

I wonder if the US version of ATYCLB will have Ground Beneath her feet?

HTDAAB doesn't have Fast Cars.

Ah, even the UK version? Good to know, thanks. They should've swapped out Grace with Ground Beneath for this vinyl. :up:

Worth the price of admission for Bad alone.

Definitive U2.

I actually have it on vinyl and forgot about it. I must be going senile. I’ve been collecting U2 original vinyl and treating them like antiques, as in keeping them safely in storage and not listening to them.

Can't believe not many post about the reissues being released.

I listened to ATYCLB and it sounds good. Nothing too much of a new listening experience.

But POP......big difference! All the little effects, sonic textures, and overall sound is really different. It a good way!! Awesome remaster.

I want to listen again but POP really has that warm finished sound that I always thought was missing. Defiantly worth a purchase/listen for U2 fans.

Last edited:
But POP......big difference! All the little effects, sonic textures, and overall sound is really different. It a good way!! Awesome remaster.

I want to listen again but POP really has that warm finished sound that I always thought was missing. Defiantly worth a purchase/listen for U2 fans.

Awesome I was hoping this would be the case. I have an original pressing on LP, so I’m gonna get the reissue and maybe do a compare/contrast.

Are the download codes also for remastered versions of the tracks? Haven't bother using the cards yet.

Are the download codes also for remastered versions of the tracks? Haven't bother using the cards yet.

They sound like they are. What a difference Pop is! I’ll be spinning this and driving around all weekend to this.

I just glad I didn’t have to spend serious dough on the original vinyl. Now to wait for the 80s Best Of later in the year.

I need to listen again.

Do You Feel Loved, SATS, & LNOE were really stand outs.

DYFL didn't sound so muddled like the original mix

SATS had so more layers than before. Much richer mix. Hearing the acoustic guitar strumming is much cleaer.

LNOE. Same thing not so much muddled down. Especially the intro, sounds so smooth.

To me the album finally feels complete.

Are there any big differences in terms of songs it self on the Pop reissue?
For instance, the "Last Night On Earth" hiccup at the 2:15 mark or the sudden "Staring At The Sun" fade out were corrected?

Back
Top Bottom