Pop ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boystupidboy

Refugee
Knackers to the convensional thinking that its crap....i love the album.
Discoteque,do you feel loved,MOFO,If god will send his angels,Staring at the sun,last night on earth,Please.....all fantastic tunes :drool:
Ok i'll grant you that the others are crap but 7 out of 12 aint bad !!!

Hope the new album is as good as POP

BsB :heart:

I'm trying to get the Grace part....

Someone mentioned that GOYB has some unheard muse-like backing vocals. But, Pop already had that with Playboy Mansion :up:

Great album, but I guess there are many threads about it.

Good album, not great. I don't want the new one to sound like that. I feel that would be a step backwards for U2. I hope they aren't trying too hard to reproduce anything they did in the 90s.

The Playboy Mansion, Gone and Velvet Dress are crap???

They're better than Please...

imo.

My best mate who is also a big U2 fan loves Pop, says its their best album. :cute:

Pop is an incredible album. By far U2's 'deepest' album, and the fact that it sold poorly says something and about the proles of the world, not the band.

Please is one of the greatest songs ever made by anyone.

Yeah, same here, and I don't even mind the dated lyrics, because they illustrate the whole point of the song.

true, it's just a shame that it dates the song, you know?

Most U2 songs are timeless lyric-wise because Bono doesn't mention specific names or events of the time.

If the human race is still around 500 years from now and are still listening to music, I can't see them understanding Playboy Mansion whereas something like WOWY would still resonate imo...

I think the tragedy of it being unfinished is not that it ended up ‘bad’, but that it could have ended up being their very best. I don’t, however, like much of the later revisions. Something in the middle and they would have struck absolute gold. I love it, and I think it’s flaws absolutely give it something.

It was easily their most ambitious effort. And you know, the whole album opens with “You can reach, but you can’t grab it”. From that moment on, you have them reaching, and it juuuust slipping out of their fingers, all the while singing about taking leaps of faith into the unknown. In it’s own odd way, it all works together.

Knackers to the convensional thinking that its crap....i love the album.
Discoteque,do you feel loved,MOFO,If god will send his angels,Staring at the sun,last night on earth,Please.....all fantastic tunes :drool:
Ok i'll grant you that the others are crap but 7 out of 12 aint bad !!!

Hope the new album is as good as POP

BsB :heart:

Gee your calling Miami, GONE, WUDM crap songs? In MY OPINION the only fairly weak track on this album is IGWSHA which had a better single version. Still my second favourite album behind AB but thats just me. Anyway this subject has been done to the death!

Pop is an incredible album. By far U2's 'deepest' album, and the fact that it sold poorly says something and about the proles of the world, not the band.

Please is one of the greatest songs ever made by anyone.

This amazingly true comment wins my appreciation. :up:

Please is the best song off Pop in my opinion. :drool:

can't lose with Pop on this forum:
- it being 'unfinished' makes it even better
- dire lyrics add more meaning
- AND no one outside this forum gives a toss about it

winning formula

personally I think (still / again) it's good, but U2's worst

can't lose with Pop on this forum:
- it being 'unfinished' makes it even better
- dire lyrics add more meaning
- AND no one outside this forum gives a toss about it

winning formula

personally I think (still / again) it's good, but U2's worst

I was reading the Radiohead forum yesterday (atease.com) and there were a few mentions about how Pop is sooooo underrated. Seems like some Radiohead fans can see how good it is. Have to say they kinda hate HTDAAB and ATYCLB. Not bad judges in my opinion.

I think POP is one of the most underrated albums ever even by U2 fans themselves. It is an epic album, top notch, absolutely fantastic. I know this very well but the fact that U2 fans don't appreciate this great album just confirms it more and more: U2 fans are big flaming idiots.

Double layered Kevlar flame-suit on.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom