Please Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vlad n U 2

Blue Crack Addict
What an amazing song Please is, the lyrics, Adams bass, Bonos singing, Larrys Sunday Bloody Sunday-esque drums and Edges stunning guitar throughout the whole song. Please = :drool: (full band live)

Talk about how good Please is... Hopefully they'll play full band versions in the next tour. :hyper:

Best song off Pop imo. :up:

The live version from the Staring at the Sun EP/single has always been one of my favorite live U2 recordings. I loved this song from the first time I heard it, still do. Not a fan of the single version though.

:up:

One of their top ten, and the best off of Pop. Absolutely stunning song. And top five where lyrics are concerned.

One of their top ten, and the best off of Pop. Absolutely stunning song. And top five where lyrics are concerned.

Spot on. :up:

In my personal top 5 of U2 songs, hope they bring it back full band for the next tour. :drool:

wowwww unbelievable performance, thank you! :)

I just realized that Larry is copying the SBS drums like at 3:20 haha...interesting :hmm: :larry:

I kept on replaying that performance, probably one of the best of the whole PopMart tour imo. Now I need the audio for this song. :drool:

While the solo, while not as long as I would've hoped it'd be, was amazing and fit the song perfectly, shows Edges skill once again. :up:

Of all the songs of U2,PLEASE has the greatest improvement from studio to live.

Listening to it feels like you are in heaven.

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Of all the songs of U2,PLEASE has the greatest improvement from studio to live.

Listening to it feels like you are in heaven.

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

You're right.

I really liked the studio version, but the live version was just magnificent. :wink:

I didn't appreciate Please for a very long time, but now I think it's one of the finest songs on Pop, :up: My only remaining quibble is that I still feel that some of Bono's vocals on the studio version sound a bit wobbly, as if he hasn't fully figured out how to perform it.

Don't think it's the best song on Pop, Wake Up Dead Man and Mofo are better, but it's still an absolute gem. The fact that it rarely gets played, hasn't been on any greatest hits packages makes it even more special. Never liked it live though.

Incredible tune, remember seeing the video on Tv when it was in the AriA top 50 and it was weird to watch, wasn't really a fan of it back then, wasnt actually a U2 fan, but really made me wonder about this U2 band. I didn't quite get what they were all about.

Got into them properly a few years later. Hadn't heard Please in about 5 years, was awesome to hear it again. It's one of U2's best songs. Top 15 for sure.

Lyrical gold.

The live version from the Staring at the Sun EP/single has always been one of my favorite live U2 recordings.:up:

I was at that show ( Rotterdam 07-18-97 ) , that version is just:drool:
I also was at the 2nd Rotterdam gig.
That night Please was also great but it just cannot live up to the night before!

And yes they should bring it back next tour.
But not the acoustic version that was just:sad:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

brilliant live song
you really do need a live setting to pull off a song of which the chorus is
" please, please, get up off your knees"

TOP BANANA! Great song. Deffo in top 5 songs from the 90's. A highlight of the Popmart shows to. Cant decide whether it is Please or Miami that stole the show

Who could not be stunned by that amazing and fast solo at around 4 minutes of the live version I posted.

No acoustic, this song HAS to be in full band. :drool:

Please is one of my absolute faves! But only the live version. I could never get my hands on the live version from the EP, but I heard it and it totally blows away the studio version. The version on the Mexico City DVD is great too. I love Bono's tribal-esque vocals at the end.

Back
Top Bottom