Playlist of the week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snowlock

Refugee
So last week was the greatest hits. This week it's all about the 80's with the remaster of TUF. I'm only using the remasters, leaving Rattle and Hum off. And the mix is pretty cool. The sound, quality wise, is spectacular and even these old chestnut songs seem to have new life when they're not interspersed with new material.

When you take their output from 1980-1987 alone, they really are a different band. They sound like their own thing, and even though these songs have been heard hundreds (thousands) of times, by putting them together with the new mastering and without their later stuff where they expanded their infulences, it reminds me how innovative they were back then.

I really wanted to use The Cry/TEC live version from the October remaster bonus disk, that version sounds great, but no matter where I put it in the mix, it always seemed to bunch up with either SBS or Bad and then the live stuff kind of took over the identity of the playlist, which wasn't what this was about. So I kept the studio. If you can find a good spot for Cry/TEC Live, please let me know.

I used some of their typical setlists as a guide in places (like Bullet/RTSS/SBS/Pride), though I had to move some stuff around so the studio recordings flow better and because I kept it at the 16 song max to give the mix a tighter feel.

Streets
IWF
Gloria
ISHFWILF
TEC
Bad (Live - WAIA)
October
NYD
TUF
Bullet
RTSS
SBS (Live - UABRS)
Pride
WOWY
OOC (Boy version)

For those of you trying it, hope you enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom