Peter Rowan: Bono was an incompetent driver 30 years ago.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Sad Punk

Blue Crack Addict
The board's pretty slow lately, slow enough to warrant a thread about Liam Gallagher saying Liam Gallagher type things. Combating that antagonism, here's a nice happy little article about that kid Peter Rowan, complete with a couple of delightful revelations about Bono that you can muse on while U2 get prepared for the next legs and work on SoA (ahaha).

“For the ‘War’ shoot, I went to photographer Ian Finlay’s house in Dun Laoghaire [a seaside suburb of Dublin], where his wife made soup, which I didn’t like. When we returned to town, Bono was driving and came close to running into the back of another car."

“Bono [came] over to our house quite a bit,” Rowen says. “My eldest brother, Clive, says Bono used to eat us out of jam sandwiches."

Meet U2’s ‘War’ child - NYPOST.com

I can just imagine that.

*Bono crashes car*
"Yeah yeah yeah yeah
yeah yeah yeah yeah"

:wink:

Bono? A bad driver???? THATS BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!! BRING ON THE TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS!!!!ONEONEONE!!!! LETS GET THIS GUY!!!! :mad::angry::madspit::madwife:

Didn't The Edge say something about Bono's driving around the time of the Vertigo Tour,

Something like anyone that gets in a car with Bono must be insane,
I think he also said one of the reasons for his bad driving is that he is often showing his passengers new music and looses concentration on the road and gets into the songs,

There is also that hilariously suspicious story from U2 by U2 about Bono crashing his Fiat Tipo into a telegraph pole around the time of The Unforgettable Fire, he claimed the wine bottle on the back seat smashed and wine spilled all over him, so that was the reason he was stinking of wine! :shifty:

Not to mention that interview during ZooTV where Bono's driving the woman around Dublin and casually goes, "Oh, I'm driving on the wrong side of the road."

There's a whole lotta mentions of it in "U2 at the End of the World". Apparently, he gets it from his father, who also had a propensity to drive on the wrong side of the street.

Not to mention that interview during ZooTV where Bono's driving the woman around Dublin and casually goes, "Oh, I'm driving on the wrong side of the road."

:lol: Classic. That's the only thing I remember from that interview.

:lmao::lmao: Somebody needs to do a cartoon of this. I can just see Bono doing something similar. Car catches on fire, "It's...the Unforgettable Fire!".

"Ah shit, I just remembered the CD player is in the CAR. And the car iso on fire." :angry:

Back
Top Bottom