People that don't know when somebody covered a U2 original track

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yahweh

Rock n' Roll Doggie
It just peeves me when the general public who in my humble opinion are usually morons when it comes to music, think that somebody that covers a U2song is the original artist.

A good example is Cash's version of "One". I mean yes it is a good song but if you didnt hear the original track you must have been hiding under a rock for the last 18 years.

U2 needs some defending in this thread on youtube, U2 has to be one of the most hated bands around....lucky they have many hardcores that love them as well...

YouTube - Johnny Cash

Post any other covers that people seem to think the original artist is not U2....and a link so we can give U2 credit where credit is due!

Who cares? Ignorant people aren't worth bothering with.

I imagine a few kiddies might think MJB is the original artist of One, though.

Nerdy fans from both camps need to chill the fuck out and realize that it's just a different take on the classic! I doubt Johnny Cash covered One so that he can "beat" U2 at their game. It's just an alternate take.

I've heard folks in here say Bono wrote 'Don't Give Up' for Africa and 'Night and Day' was written about Ali. So it goes both ways...

if someone doesn't like U2, that's fine. who am i to say my opinion is more valid than someone else's? if someone wants to get in the band that's one thing, but i don't see the point in defending them over the internet.

What about people that think One was originally by Mary J. Blige? It's gotta be pretty sad if any of them think Cash covered it from her. He'd been dead for what, two years? by the time she came around to covering it.

U2 does not NEED defending. IMO it needs fans that care less about the bullshit that's on the internet.

:up:

I can never believe when people on here get actually angry and frustrated when someone says they don't like U2 or whatever else. Who gives a fuck? Get off the computer and take a breath of fresh air.

Paramore did a cover of Sunday Bloody Sunday!? Well that explains how my scene-y girlfriend knows about U2. . . The coolness of THAT just went down. . .

Youtube is hilarious.

:up:

I can never believe when people on here get actually angry and frustrated when someone says they don't like U2 or whatever else. Who gives a fuck? Get off the computer and take a breath of fresh air.

:hi5: exactly! People bash u2 around me all the time, just cause they think it's funny... :shrug: I don't give a damn... they don't HAVE to like them, as long as I do... and don't have to listen to the SHIT they listen to :wink:

With U2 videos, there are mostly positive comments about U2 on You Tube that really come from fans. Outside the U2 fan scene, you'll meet A LOT of negativity about the band.

The world outside is a very dark and cold place. :sad:

oooh, do I have a story. I was fooling around in the school's band room with some classmates and goofing around on the drums. I don't play any instrument, but I've listened to Sunday Bloody Sunday enough to have a decent grasp on how to play the intro on drums. When I started playing, classmate exclaimed "OOOH! Sunday Bloody Sunday... by Pillar." At that, I made a scene and left the room, but not before explaining to her that U2 are the original performers of the song. Boy, did that make me angry and pretty much ruin the rest of my school day.

^^^^

Pillar is comprised of Rob Beckley (vocals), Lester Estelle (drums), Noah Henson (guitar), and Kalel (bass). These Christian rockers with an alt-metal edge have been honing their infectious sound since 1998 while attending Ft. Hays State University in northwestern Kansas. A deal with Flicker was inked in 2000 after the band's self-released debut, Metamorphosis, impressed the label. Within months, Pillar followed things up with Above. Their first single, "Open Your Eyes," was popular on the college charts, earning Above nearly 60,000 in sales. Pillar also earned the Best Rock Band award at the annual Dove Awards in 2001. A year later, Pillar relocated to Tulsa, OK, and released Fireproof. MCA picked up the band and reissued the energetic sophomore effort in 2003. Where Do We Go from Here appeared in mid-2004, and The Reckoning followed two years later.

allmusic ((( Pillar > Overview )))

Back
Top Bottom