Ordinary Love Discussion (Part 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonocomet

Blue Crack Distributor
Continuing the discussion here.

Looks like U2.com will provide a link on Saturday to subscribers.

Did we mention a subscription to U2.com means you get some great music?

Well, it does, and if you haven't been able to get a copy of Ordinary Love on vinyl, no worries - we've got a digital version just for our subscribers.

Sometime on Saturday (watch twitter), you'll be able to download an mp3 of the new song. Log in, click on the Account Info page and you'll see the link under Subscriber Downloads.

And if you still really want the song on vinyl, there's a very fine new competition just launched in Zootopia.

best wishes

The U2.com Team.

Hopefully it is the properly produced version with the excellent production that came from the cinema recording. You know, the one that has the coins falling and hitting the ground; the perfect production for Paul McG leaving the band.

Which is precisely why this song is being given away for free. U2 are free at last, the tyranny of McG is gone.

If this version does not contain the aforementioned production, then I will be very disappointed, will write a letter to Bono himself, and I will probably post about how the new album already sucks.

Listened to it a few times in a row. Great to see/hear that is needs to be played at 45rpm. It really does the song and production justice.

I thought the U2.com team was supposed to be the devil. Why are they giving out new music for free?! :huh:

not exactly for free, i mean, it's subscribers only, who pay a small fortune each year for, honestly, not much...

IMG_20131129_172008.jpg

Mandela is eyeing my wine.

I wasn't planning on buying it, but I was in Sonic Boom (Seattle) this afternoon and found a hidden copy tucked in amongst their used U2 vinyl. Collectors gotta collect, yo.

To continue the pricing discussion from the last thread ....

Yeah, that's some bullshit right there to have stores mark up the records at ridiculous prices. Fuck those guys.

Thank you, Sonic Boom, for my $14.99 purchase.

not exactly for free, i mean, it's subscribers only, who pay a small fortune each year for, honestly, not much...

If $50 is a "small fortune", then I can only imagine what the Uber Deluxe version of Achtung Baby is in comparison. :lol:

It could be worse though.

I don't mind if my local stores mark up records a little bit, they do have to stay in business. But as someone posted in the closed thread, marking up a record to match what what it was going for on eBay is ridiculous.

:doh:

I keep forgetting the new Silver Platters location is only a few blocks away from where I work.

$14 and 6 people in line for me. Was expecting chaos and mayhem, instead RSD ended up being quite quiet and civilized.

Normally I do the whole lining up early thing. But this year I wasn't able to get to a record store until 3pm and when I did for the most part the records I wanted were still available.

Ordinary Love, having at least 10 thousand copies pressed this year made it easy to get.. unlike back in 2010 when they pressed less than a few thousand copies of Wide Awake In Europe.

I got mine for $16. Great collectible. I hope we get a lot more in the next year. I miss physical objects to purchase at record stores. And get if it's not your thing; free download on the site. Win/win.

Here in Italy we can find the vinyl only in a store in Milan!!! it's unbelievable!! People like me who live very far from Milan are fucked!!!
I dont give anything about the download, I want the vinyl, I'm an old-fashioned girl!!! :angry:

I've just downloaded it; I don't care about the vinyl, I do 90% of my music listening while out walking my dogs, so it was great to get it off U2.com and straight onto my machine for tonight's stroll around town.

If $50 is a "small fortune", then I can only imagine what the Uber Deluxe version of Achtung Baby is in comparison. :lol:

It could be worse though.

erm yeah, i don't buy that either - i seriously hate being ripped off :D

How is the sound quality of the u2.com mp3? Must be much better than the clip rip?

Sounds terrific to these ears, even through a cheap faux-pod and similarly-cheap headphones.

Reminds me very much of Electrical Storm at the beginning, in terms of both tune and atmosphere.

Back
Top Bottom