Ordinary Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised the song hasn't leaked yet, there must be someone who recorded it, considering the fact that the movie has been out for a while now:

Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom

The original score of the film (by Alex Heffes) will be released on Decca Records on December 10, but the entire soundtrack includes selections by Bob Marley & The Wailers (“War”), Gil Scott-Heron (“The Revolution Will Not Be Televised”) and The Special AKA (“[Free] Nelson Mandela”) – just a few of the songs I remember hearing on the radio during my activist years. I didn’t hear the K’naan song that was released with one teaser I saw on the Internet a couple of weeks ago. Just as I expected, “Ordinary Love” plays over the final credits of the movie – but there is a brief teaser in one of the last few scenes. Just as Mandela steps outside to greet the waiting crowd after his inauguration, the theater audience hears an African chant with slow strains of a recognizable Edge guitar riff swelling in the background. The snippet isn’t in the song itself, but should be. Produced by Danger Mouse, “Ordinary Love” follows the final voice over of the film as Mandela walks through a field near his childhood home describing the nature of forgiveness and redemption: “Love comes more naturally to the human heart” than hate, he says. As a result, “Ordinary Love” couldn’t be better placed

Amazon is saying the soundtrack album will be released on 6 December in Europe :scratch:

And the Ordinary Love vinyl single is already Nr. 1 in the Amazon vinyl charts and Nr. 3 in the rock charts. And the song hasn't even been released yet :lol:

any predictions on when we'll hear this?

Oliver Jeffers said the video would be out in "three more weeks," at the end of October.

taken literally, that'll mean we hear it on Nov 21. Or, if it premieres New Music Monday, then the 18th.

So, maybe only another 6-10 days... hypersigh! :hyper: :|

I forget the exact wording, but didn't U2.com say something about playing the song "throughout" November, or "during" November or something like that? Hopefully it's any day now.

any predictions on when we'll hear this?

Oliver Jeffers said the video would be out in "three more weeks," at the end of October.

taken literally, that'll mean we hear it on Nov 21. Or, if it premieres New Music Monday, then the 18th.

So, maybe only another 6-10 days... hypersigh! :hyper: :|

We've been saying 6-10 days for 2 months now.....:doh:

Yeah, kind of odd. Thought someone from U2 community would be interested enough to hear the song and record it

The film itself is likely to get ignored. The reviews are somewhat mixed and indicate that it's just your typical biopic. There's too many artistically daring and better reviewed films coming out this Fall for Oscar season that will take away this one's business.

Much like the band, the U2 fan base has gotten old. Those of us who used to sneak into movie theaters are now stuck at home changing diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom