ONE presents U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, cool - thank you!

Random thoughts:
1. Bono sounds good!
2. Nice that he sang the extra verse that debuted at the Clinton concert in 2011. If SBS appears on the next tour, the addition could become permanent.
3. Poor Adam, effectively ignored on the side there. No wonder he looks cranky.

On another broken hill, where crosses and crescent moon collides
Pilgrims rlayin' to know God's will
Scratching in the dirt and singing up to die
????? dirt or a cruel sun
Is this the bad ??? Jesus won... on
Sunday Bloddy Sunday

Pilgrims praying to know God's will
Scratching in the dirt and signing up to die
Scorched earth or a cruel sun
Is this the battle Jesus won ?

I wonder if they'll continue performing it with that verse.

That was a really cool rendition, interesting to see the song that best fit Larry's martial drumming style (& is so driven by it in most versions) be done with nothing but brushes on a single snare drum.

U2 message for Iran - پیام یو۲ برای ایران - YouTube

In a message sent today to 'Bono' the highly praised singer of the pop group 'U2', Amir Hossein Jahanshahi, the Founder of Green Wave expressed his appreciation and gratitude for the continuous support that Bono and his Group have given to struggle of the Iranian nation for the liberation of their country.

This message was delivered in the aftermath of the release of a new musical video by this internationally renowned Group, which has now been made available to Iranian audiences via Amir Hossein Jahanshahi's Facebook and Youtube.
In his message to 'Bono", Jahanshahi has said:

"While expressing my thanks to you as a great international performer who has always been a bastion of support for the cause of struggling people and freedom loving movements everywhere, I am confident that your moral support for the Iranian nation will serve as an important impetus to further boost their efforts for the establishment of a civilized order in line with the aspirations of all Iranians. Your support comes at a time when Iranians more than ever are in need of international support and solidarity as they prepare themselves to confront the dictatorial regime governing our country at this time. Bono and U2 have demonstrated yet again their support and solidarity with the freedom loving people of Iran and the regional quest for democratic change."

SBS on a rooftop, because you know playing something slower & acoustic is the shortcut to making it that much more poignant and serious.

I can't tell how serious you're being, but I think they did a really good job making a poignant and serious SBS with this particular arrangement.

Why the drums if they're going acoustic though ?

That Clinton event version with just Bono and Edge was better, and the new verse works well.

Why the drums if they're going acoustic though ?

That Clinton event version with just Bono and Edge was better, and the new verse works well.

I think to start putting the focus back on the band proper so people think of music, rather than Bono (politics) or Bono and Edge (Spiderman)- when they think of U2. Ramping up for the new record.

I think to start putting the focus back on the band proper so people think of music, rather than Bono (politics) or Bono and Edge (Spiderman)- when they think of U2. Ramping up for the new record.

Yes, because nothing puts the focus on a new record and off Bono and his politics like playing a 30 year old rebel protest song dedicated to democracy in Iran. ;)

Why don't they write and perform something new instead of a 30 year old song?

Probably because this song encapsulates the situation in torn countries better than most and making another one just as good would be extremely hard. :D "How long must we sing this song?" covers the frustration of religious conflict perfectly.

Probably because this song encapsulates the situation in torn countries better than most and making another one just as good would be extremely hard. :D "How long must we sing this song?" covers the frustration of religious conflict perfectly.

But...but...that was 1983! Bring on 2013!!!!! :wink:

How long must they sing this song indeed.

Back
Top Bottom