One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robertcccc

Babyface
I want to know, if and when u2 tours again. If it would be a good idea for them to perform one live like the studio version. I love the Edges guitar solos on all previous tours but think the time is right 20 years after the release of the song to re-enact the studio version. The edge could easily switch off between the guitar and keyboard like he does on New Years Day.

I want to know, if and when u2 tours again. If it would be a good idea for them to perform one live like the studio version. I love the Edges guitar solos on all previous tours but think the time is right 20 years after the release of the song to re-enact the studio version. The edge could easily switch off between the guitar and keyboard like he does on New Years Day.
Was there a keyboard part on the studio version...?

I do believe there's a very subtle blink-and-you'll-miss-it keyboard buried deep in the mix near the end of the song (final chorus). The way I feel about One is it's kinda reached performance overkill. I think they need to either rework it quite drastically, or even retire it for a tour leg (I know that will never happen, but it wouldn't be the end of human civilization if they did).

There's some Enoish keyboard sounding stuff around the 1 minute mark that I always loved. It would be great if they could repliacte the sound of the original live.

Galeongirl said:
Perhaps they should.. I don't know.. not play it live for the next tour, for a change. :wink:

While that sounds like a good idea on a diehard fan board, that would go over very badly. Just remember, there's lots of casual fans at concerts, too.

Not playing ONE is akin to not playing STREETS or WOWY. It will never happen.

Just because us die hards have heard and seen it many times over doesn't take away from the fact that a good percentage of people at every show will be attending their first ever u2 show.

The needs of the many outweight the desires of the few...

(+ i still really like the song)

Back
Top Bottom