October vs Bomb vs Rattle and Hum in a deserted island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snutes1

Acrobat
There have been dozens of threads over the years discussing "worst albums". This is a very subjective matter. October, HTDAAB and Rattle and Hum always seem to hover near the bottom of everyone's lists.

Therefore, if you only had ONE of these albums to choose from to keep in a deserted island. Which one would you choose.

You must pick frome among these 3.

I would choose Rattle and Hum because it rocks despite its cheesiness sometimes.:D

The only one to keep? HTDAAB. I like a couple of songs on it, and it's the only album of the three I regularly listen to.

October. I'd choose it over many more than just the other 2 you mention.

Rattle and Hum for me. Underated as an album and i dont really get the bad press it gets. Between R&H and JT....it was probably my most magical time to be a u2 fan. it is their most eclectic album

HTDAAB - really is a good album not one bad song on it (even though its a bit boring)

October. I'd choose it over many more than just the other 2 you mention.

i agree. even though i rank this as one of U2's weaker albums, i still love it front to back. i still think Rattle & Hum and HTDAAB have major inconsistencies.

R&H, no question whatsoever. If you don't like R&H you have serious issues...serious as in you're not a real U2 fan :wink: or you don't have ears :wink: :wink: For the record, despite the rampant misguidedness around here, R&H is about a bazillion jillion times better than Zooropa.

Next would be October of course. HTDAAB, outside of OOTS and the catchy Vertigo, is utterly forgettable. Crumbs is OK I guess...but is there a more overrated song in the U2 catalog than COBL?

Well Bomb is my favorite of the three, but I'd probably pick R&H just because it's the longest album.

Rattle and Hum.

While I don't think it's a great album, it does have some songs I still like very much.

Honestly, on a deserted island, I would take R&H. Bomb is my favorite of the three, but R&H doubles as a bootleg, and it features a handful of U2's finest songs. It's a mess, but I would rather have it available to me than the other two, if it's the only thing I'm going to be listening to for the rest of my life.

Back
Top Bottom