October Playlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dismantlemyfly

The Fly
Since I’ve been in quarantine for months and months (and months), I realized I’ve listened to my entire music collection while working from home, and needed to do find something different. That being said, and this being a special month, I created a custom playlist for this album since I always felt that the original running order was a bit… odd.

1. Rejoice
2. Is That All
3. Fire
4. Gloria
5. Tomorrow
6. With a Shout
7. I Threw a Brick Through a Window
8. I Fall Down
9. Stranger in a Strange Land
10. Scarlet
11. October

I feel that this works a bit better, and I listen to this playlist more than the actual album. Aaaand I figured I’d share because… well, there’s not much else going on.

That's one album I've not really thought about doing an alternate playlist for. Thanks for the suggestion, will try that over the weekend.

I just got the deluxe edition and was blown away by the 1996 version of Tomorrow - Bono's vocal is incredible!

I wish that they'd kept the arrangement of Fire when it was Saturday Night - it was more powerful. The stop-start nature of Fire is tense but it grows stale after a while imo.

I Fall Down is one of my favorite U2 songs - I wish they'd bring it back. It was amazing live back when they played it. The chord changes in the chorus are massive!

I wouldn't change the order of October. It's a bit wonky but I really, really love the album.

in the last 2-3 years i've listened to october probably twice as much as any other U2 album. it's ridiculously underappreciated.

in the last 2-3 years i've listened to october probably twice as much as any other U2 album. it's ridiculously underappreciated.

I agree with this. It’s definitely in the upper half of their albums for me. But I don’t hide the fact that I consider the 80s to be by far U2’s best decade.

Back
Top Bottom