October in October (or November)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr. Lemonseed

The Fly
Does anyone else have a tendency to annually rediscover this album in the mid to late Fall? I seem to find myself driving alone and the leaves are coming down and its cold out... and I put the album on and completely revel in it.

This has become an annual tradition for me, bordering on nostalgia... especially when October itself comes on...

Are there any other U2 traditions you hold, or yearly rituals?

whenever I see this sign, I listen to Achtung Baby

RUB_6112-77.jpg

It is my tradition to listen to more U2 music than is healthy every day.

Does anyone else have a tendency to annually rediscover this album in the mid to late Fall?

This has become an annual tradition for me, bordering on nostalgia... especially when October itself comes on...

Are there any other U2 traditions you hold, or yearly rituals?

I do every October since my birthday is the 1st. But it lingers though Thanksgiving. Very nostalgic for me, too. :up:
POP and Zooropa are in heavy rotation also. These 2 albums just feel like fall to me.
Lately I've been singing Beautiful Day, alot. We've had some of the most stunning fall days this year. My Presidential choice won, and my favorite football team is No. 1. It's all good.
Oh, and we're getting closer to the new U2 release. :hyper:

Eh, not for me.. I think it stems from the fact that when I purchased October, I purchased it along with War and Boy in July of 1993.

Just listen to Grace while driving in the rain (wind shield wipers must be on) and your problems will go away.

I listen to a decent amount of U2 every single day, sometimes more than a decent amount...and it just doesn't get old :)

No rituals to speak of :shrug:

I listen to New Year's Day every...uhhhh...New Year's Day. Pretty clever, huh?

And I listen to Beautiful Day whenever I'm flying. That song sounds great when you're looking out an airplane window.

Unforgettable Fire was a CD that I didn't purchase in Winter, but it always reminds me of Winter whenever I listen to it.

If I think about it, I listen to my U2 CDs around the time that I first bought them. This year, I flipped through my CDs and felt like listening to ATYCLB on October 13 (the day I bought it in 2001) without thinking about the date. Then I realized what day it was and mildly freaked out.

JT, R&H, UF, and Passengers were all Christmas presents. November 3 is Official Zooropa Day, and I know I bought Boy, October, and War in the month of October. Pop was sometime in February and Achtung Baby was in May or June. :nerd:

New Years Day at midnight on New Years eve :reject:

I always seem to listen to Pop a lot in the summer time... don't know why but I do.

I do the same as you Dr. Lemonseed :yes: This album is in pretty heavy rotation during this time. Especially song October. And also song The Unforgettable Fire reminds me of late fall, winter, it's my soundtrack of every end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom