NYD Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love this song. LOVE IT! I put it on every mix I make, sometimes more than one version. :shifty: I have a rule in my car that if the song comes on and there's other people in the car, no talking is allowed during the piano/guitar solo. My friends thinks that's :coocoo: There's plenty of U2 songs that I would say are my favorite or in my top 10 but this song really just tops it for me, especially live. :heart: I hope it stays on the setlist for years to come!

When I went to the 3 Amsterdam shows on the Vertigo Tour , Edge changed the solo of NYD on the 07-16-05 show and then it even sounded:drool:
Bono asked why he did that after 20 years , it was a mistake haha! , but what a great one.
Check out that Amsterdam bootleg folks , that new impro-solo sounds very cool.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

... right, but U2 should consider to play the old treasure linked with "October" again, for god's sake ...:drool:

When I went to the 3 Amsterdam shows on the Vertigo Tour , Edge changed the solo of NYD on the 07-16-05 show and then it even sounded:drool:
Bono asked why he did that after 20 years , it was a mistake haha! , but what a great one.
Check out that Amsterdam bootleg folks , that new impro-solo sounds very cool.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

I have the bootleg for that show... easily the best show of the second leg. Wild Horses full-electric, OOTS is amazing, Miss Sarajevo for the first time... and it's always funny to hear Bono's commentary after NYD. Great show.

I have the bootleg for that show... easily the best show of the second leg. Wild Horses full-electric, OOTS is amazing, Miss Sarajevo for the first time... and it's always funny to hear Bono's commentary after NYD. Great show.

Yeah that night was the best of all 3 Amsterdam shows.
I went to all 3 nights but that night the band was on fire , and not just Edge:wink:
Great show!

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Yeah that night was the best of all 3 Amsterdam shows.
I went to all 3 nights but that night the band was on fire , and not just Edge:wink:
Great show!

Cheers ,

Mauwer
I only went to the third night, and yes, it was an amazing show:drool:

This has been posted in other NYD threads, but still:

YouTube - U2 - New Year's Day (Buenos Aires)

The part I was talking about earlier, the "can be one" part is just awesome here.

The music is totally secondary. Whoever said that was right.

No matter how annoying I find Bono, and I do, his religion and his politics have no place in music (give a speech, FINE, but NOT in THAT setting) his lyrice are so powerful. What a thoughtful song. How perfectly it expresses the anti-climax of the day.

When he is on stage, he is the focus of everthing. The story, the action, the thought. He is right there. He IS the show!! :wave:

And he is totally compelling. I can't take my eyes of him. :love:

True! :applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

This has been posted in other NYD threads, but still:

YouTube - U2 - New Year's Day (Buenos Aires)

The part I was talking about earlier, the "can be one" part is just awesome here.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehoooooooooo - love it love it love it!

agree with all your previous posts NSW . . . . there is just something about this one that you can't ever get tired of . . . .

favourite moment of 2009 so far . . . coming home from New Year Celebrations at a friends place, whacking on the song at extremely high volume and bouncing around the lounge room with my kids (all of whom, despite their initial protestations, new every single word). . . they loved it too . . . thought my heart would burst I was so damn happy . . . :reject: :D

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehoooooooooo - love it love it love it!

agree with all your previous posts NSW . . . . there is just something about this one that you can't ever get tired of . . . .

favourite moment of 2009 so far . . . coming home from New Year Celebrations at a friends place, whacking on the song at extremely high volume and bouncing around the lounge room with my kids (all of whom, despite their initial protestations, new every single word). . . they loved it too . . . thought my heart would burst I was so damn happy . . . :reject: :D

That's nice! :yippie::bump: :cute: :) :hug:

Back
Top Bottom