Numb is an experimental disaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, first of all..."Numb" is amazing...But the main reason I wanted to revive this thread was because I need an instrumental version of "Numb" for my graduate thesis documentary.

I found an instrumental karaoke version on YouTube, but it's riddled with looped sound clips from the "found footage" in the video. Does anyone know where I can find a "clean" instrumental version?

Once I get this scene working in my film, I'd love to post it on here and share it with you guys. Thanks in advance!

good luck, I hope someone here can help you out.

Personally, I like numb, and so do many others. But I can see why people don't like the song.. it's so... how should I put it... NUMB..

When the Numb single was released it was very popular... just to point that out.

I was three years old at the time, and I specifically and quite clearly remember it being their biggest hit since Two Hearts, so I don't know what you're on about BVS...

Don't know about the US, but it went Top 5 as a single in Australia - off the back of the video-only release too. Pretty amazing.

Earnie Shavers said:
Don't know about the US, but it went Top 5 as a single in Australia - off the back of the video-only release too. Pretty amazing.

If I'm not wrong, I think Zooropa was the third highest selling album in Australia in 1993 or 4.

Zooropa was #1 for four weeks in 1993.

Here's the overall list for 1993. Two things:

1) As I always say, those who complain about what charts today, and use that as part of an argument as to how/why/what U2 should or shouldn't, or could or couldn't release, have a very, very, very short memory.

2) One of these albums stands out like a honeymooners cock (#fuckyeahzooropa)

1 THE BODYGUARD SOUNDTRACK
2 UNPLUGGED / ERIC CLAPTON
3 BAT OUT OF HELL PART II - BACK INTO HELL / MEAT LOAF
4 BREATHLESS / KENNY G
5 A TOUCH OF MUSIC IN THE NIGHT / MICHAEL CRAWFORD
6 SO FAR SO GOOD / BRYAN ADAMS
7 RIVER OF DREAMS / BILLY JOEL
8 THEN AGAIN... AND MORE / JOHN FARNHAM
9 ZOOROPA / U2
10 KEEP THE FAITH / BON JOVI

If The Beatles had recorded a song like Numb, with John Lennon mumbling barely decipherable obscure lines into the microphone, it would have been hailed as a work of experimental genius. U2 do it, and some people are like "Hmm, I'm not sure about this. It's not Streets, is it? In fact I think it's the worst song U2 has ever recorded".
Numb was way ahead of the curve in 1993, and evidently it still is.

Wild honey, yahweh, babyface come to my mind as awful.

Numb is a brilliant song and again to me was a great great experiment that didn't go wrong. I like it now even more than when it came out so if anything it has lasting appeal. I would even love to see it come back live !!!!! Well if we got Zooropa I can dream I guess!!!! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom