November 22, 2004 - 6th Anniversary of How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't listen to it as much today, but it's definitely in the middle of the pack for me at least in terms of U2 releases.

I certainly don't consider the songs on here to be bad at all. In fact, even though I like Pop more altogether as a whole, I was never quite sure where the bashing on this album came from. Heck, I'd go as far to say that the filler on here is a lot better than the filler on the last half of NLOTH.

Original of the Species is U2 magic. :love:

Especially the Killahurtz remix. I adore that one & think that it's the version that should have been on the album. :yes:

Despite being a fan for years, the Vertigo Tour was the first tour I'd gotten to see in person. Because of that COBL will always bring back magical memories of standing on the rail of the ellipse & watching Bono rise up a few feet to my right, looking toward the sky as confetti falls all around him. Pure awesome.

Especially the Killahurtz remix. I adore that one & think that it's the version that should have been on the album. :yes:

Despite being a fan for years, the Vertigo Tour was the first tour I'd gotten to see in person. Because of that COBL will always bring back magical memories of standing on the rail of the ellipse & watching Bono rise up a few feet to my right, looking toward the sky as confetti falls all around him. Pure awesome.

Goosebump stuff. :)

Happy 6th, Bomb! I played the shit out of Bomb when it first came out. A solid album with a number of good songs. My favorite track is City of Blinding Lights. I saw U2 twice on the Vertigo tour. Sometimes it's tough to play because of memories associated with a relationship I was in at the time. Shit, I can't believe it has already been 6 years. :|

This. That memory, right in the same spot as U describe it, is ingrained in my memory, dare say my DNA, forever.

I don't care how many Grammys it won, for me it's their worst album. Still, no U2 record is without its saving graces- Vertigo and COBL are classics and I have a sneaking admiration for that ambiguous little love song, A Man And A Woman.

IMO, it's definitely not their best, but it was the first U2 album that I had built up anticipation for. I also have a few external influences that kinda sway a joyous spin on the record, so I don't think I could ever possibly condemn the album.

I :heart: HTDAAB

Back
Top Bottom