November 19, 1991 - 19th Anniversary of Achtung Baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Today - November 19, 2010 - marks the 19th anniversary of the release of that most overtly revered, endlessly beloved, and relentlessly celebrated U2 record in the eyes, ears, and hearts of (most of)Interference:

u2achtungbabyfrontal.jpg

u2achtungbabyinteriorfr.jpg

u2achtungbabytrasera.jpg

u2achtungbabycd.jpg

What a great album. And (probably) only a year until we get a remaster of it with lots of delicious bonus tracks! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Fifthed. :heart:
alternativealbumcover2.jpg

:love: AB

Can't wait to see what's in store for the remaster next year.

There's so many ones and nines in the title. Wow. It's a SIIIIIGN. Because y'know, 1 + 9 = 10. The only grade this album deserves!

A Darkness/The Promise-like reissue would be perfect for the super deluxe edition next year. Who wouldn't want some upgraded versions of Heaven and Hell, She's Gonna Blow Your House Down or Morning Child? Along with a nice little ZooTV DVD...

Anyway, best album ever.

Our Baby is 19! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Wholly fuckin' shit! :up:

I can't believe it was 19 years ago. I think I was a freshman in college at that point.

My favorite U2 album! :up::up::up:

Freshman year of college, I remember walking down to the local record store and buying this. In the long-box format. :wink:

Cannot wait for the remaster. I hope it's chock full o' goodies. And even if it's not, I can't wait for the remastered album anyway.

Freshman year of college, I remember walking down to the local record store and buying this. In the long-box format. :wink:

Cannot wait for the remaster. I hope it's chock full o' goodies. And even if it's not, I can't wait for the remastered album anyway.

I snuck out of the house to a midnight sale, I was a junior in high school, and I bought the eco-friendly box...

Achtung me baby!

Just posted a blog about the day I purchased the CD on my site.

Gotta say it sounds great on vinyl. The richness is never heard in its entirety on CD.

I don't remember what boxes were the "eco-friendly" ones. The long-boxes I remember were all made of that light cardboard anyway.

Or are you talking about the CD itself - you could get it in the plastic case or in the cardboard fold-out? I got the hard case version.

Achtung Baby :heart:

Bought this one from a record store in the Angel, Islington when I was doing that obligatory ozzie backpacker stint in my yoof :cute: . . . got the regular ole plastic covered cd initially . . . but just checked my cd collection then and it appears I also have the cardboard version :scratch: :lol: . . . I remember running all the way home and it did not leave our cd player for months . . .so much :heart: for this album :love:

I don't remember what boxes were the "eco-friendly" ones. The long-boxes I remember were all made of that light cardboard anyway.

Or are you talking about the CD itself - you could get it in the plastic case or in the cardboard fold-out? I got the hard case version.

Well Hell, both! :wink: I got the eco-friendly one that folded up. You got the evil one. :wink:

Just picked this up on vinyl today, in honor of the 19th anniversary.

Love this album more than anything

Epic masterpiece. :drool:

My favorite U2 album and definitely the best album out of the hundreds of albums on my iTunes.

Can't wait for the remaster. :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom