November 19, 1991 - 19th Anniversary of Achtung Baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember my first listen of Zoo Station, sitting there literally slack-jawed & thinking, "Holy shit - this is U2?!?!" :applaud: It was love from the start. :heart:

A few months ago I bought the audio version of "U2's Achtung Baby: Meditations on Love in the Shadow of the Fall (33 1/3)" - I highly recommend it.

Best album EVER. I still listen to it every day, I've gone through 3 cassette tapes, and probably 4 cd's since I first got it for Christmas in 1992.

i just love this album so much
theres not a bad song on it
so solid
more solid than joshua tree and i like how they dont have all the hits at the start :)
ultraviolet is my all time fave hence the username
it was the album that got me into obsession phase of u2 and why i joined this website pretty much
fucking sick album!

Best album EVER. I still listen to it every day, I've gone through 3 cassette tapes, and probably 4 cd's since I first got it for Christmas in 1992.
Wow.

Also my favourite U2 album and favourite album in general.

I celebrated the anniversary of Achtung Baby by completing the singlespuzzle!

img0724m.jpg

:heart:

Fantastic album! Best that's ever been IMO. This album, full volume, driving to school...OH YEAH!!!:rockon: Perfect way to start every day. Until The End Of The World, The Fly, Acrobat, Even Better Than The Real Thing all showcasing part of The Edge's brilliant guitar work and are all absolute monsters of songs.:hyper: Achtung Baby flows so well and I just massively :drool: over this record. Remaster needs to come out now!

I so badly want to erase the 19th Anniversary part of the thread title and put 20th Anniversary.

I was 11 at the time, and I'd gotten my first massive (ha!)-cross-cd player. The singles from this album marked that preteen/teenage plunge into a world where music defines/augments life. And I've never left.

Definitely my all-time favorite album. I first bought it 9 years ago in high school, and it actually took awhile to grow on me. But I grew to love it and I haven't looked back.

superb album. so glad they finally remastered it. A friend of mine who was assisting on a mastering job at the same studio as they remasters were done in was given a review copy to check out. invited me over to listen two nights ago and i've got to say it sounds better than ever :drool:

so anyway you'll notice I'm new lol - hello nice to be here. I emailed AtU2 about this asking if they were interested in hearing .WAVs but their silence suggests that they're not which i understand. but I've joined here to see if you guys want to hear these remasters or not? it's nothing drastic, think what all the other remasters have been like with just a general clean up over all frequencies and more clarity. there's still the murky quality to the sound which some of us love...but that's hardly a mastering issue, you'd have to actually remix the album to change that so anyone hoping for a fresh clean sound to the album will be disappointed he he

Before anyone asks, no there wasn't a review copy of the bonus disc lol the engineer said the label haven't sent them a final tracklisting for it yet but i think they were just trying to keep it secret until the release date is announced which should be in the next couple of months as you probably already know round here? The remasters for a lot of their albums were all done at once over a couple of months so it's more a case of them probably being ready to go but just awaiting a release date and keeping the bonus stuff out of the hands of 'pirates' before then lol

superb album. so glad they finally remastered it. A friend of mine who was assisting on a mastering job at the same studio as they remasters were done in was given a review copy to check out. invited me over to listen two nights ago and i've got to say it sounds better than ever :drool:

:drool: This is a very fortunate friend. :up:

BTW, :wave: from Wilmington. Nice to see more NC folks showing up on Interference. Our numbers have been too small for too long now. :wink:

I thought it was interesting in the Wikipedia article it states (think from B Flanagan's book):

"After work at Elsinore finished in July, Eno, Flood, Lanois, and previous U2 producer Steve Lillywhite mixed the tracks at Windmill Lane Studios. Each producer created his own mixes of the songs, and the band either picked the version they preferred or requested that certain aspects of each be combined."

That is what the Remastered AB Bonus disc should be - each different producers version of the various songs. I would love to hear how Eno mixed some of the tracks vs. Lillywhite or Flood, etc.

That is what the Remastered AB Bonus disc should be - each different producers version of the various songs. I would love to hear how Eno mixed some of the tracks vs. Lillywhite or Flood, etc.

That would be amazing to hear. I know I had an mp3 of a promo for the album way back when, and it had a different vocal take from Bono on "One". Not sure if that was a different mix altogether, per se. But any unreleased alternate versions would be more than welcome from me to hear!

Very cool that you're friend gave you a sneak peak too on the remasters Imeldajag. Welcome to the board!

Niiiiicee!!!!:applaud: Also welcome aboard! I'm also from NC, out in the Goldsboro area.:D That is very awesome that you could hear it! I am getting anxious for a release date, but as you said it shouldn't be long.:hyper:

Can't wait for the remastered vinyl edition.

I got Achtung Baby on vinyl 2 years ago, but it seems to be subpar sounding making me think it was mastered from a subpar source... Which in turn makes me think it was a bootleg.

I got Achtung Baby on vinyl 2 years ago, but it seems to be subpar sounding making me think it was mastered from a subpar source... Which in turn makes me think it was a bootleg.

I was going to say that I've been looking for a vinyl version of the album for years, but with no success. Reading that kinda makes me think I'll wait until the remastered vinyl comes out myself.

so anyway you'll notice I'm new lol - hello nice to be here. I emailed AtU2 about this asking if they were interested in hearing .WAVs but their silence suggests that they're not which i understand. but I've joined here to see if you guys want to hear these remasters or not? it's nothing drastic, think what all the other remasters have been like with just a general clean up over all frequencies and more clarity. there's still the murky quality to the sound which some of us love...but that's hardly a mastering issue, you'd have to actually remix the album to change that so anyone hoping for a fresh clean sound to the album will be disappointed he he

So are you suggesting that not only have you heard the remastered copy but that you were also able to lift .wav files putting your friend's job in limbo?

i feel i should point out he suggested it lol! but i can see why you ask that. its nice to see someone thinks from that angle instead of just saying "GIMME!" ;)

we searched for the remaster the other night and there are some up there on torrent sites so he just said why not go one better and get WAVs up instead? I just assumed you guys had already downloaded these mp3 torrents that are going around. :huh: but this isn't the only copy, there's been quite a few of these review CDs given out at that studio my friend says. He's in a junior position assisting with a couple of things and found out U2 had done the remasters there and asked about it and his boss gave him the copy.

i feel i should point out he suggested it lol! but i can see why you ask that. its nice to see someone thinks from that angle instead of just saying "GIMME!" ;)

we searched for the remaster the other night and there are some up there on torrent sites so he just said why not go one better and get WAVs up instead? I just assumed you guys had already downloaded these mp3 torrents that are going around. :huh: but this isn't the only copy, there's been quite a few of these review CDs given out at that studio my friend says. He's in a junior position assisting with a couple of things and found out U2 had done the remasters there and asked about it and his boss gave him the copy.

Yeah, sorry I don't buy it for one minute...

But if your idea of fun is to sign on to sites and bait people, go for it.

i get why you don't. I've been a fan for years and never gone on to a fansite, but I know that if someone turns up out of the blue JUST to say this, I'd be sceptical too it's fine. but I'm going to upload it, i'll let you judge for yourself.

ARGH! This is so disapointing. It is a masterpiece on vinyl. You need a really good Hi-Fi system to listen to it. I am sure you have one. There is a richness to the tone. Give it another spin through headphones.

Back
Top Bottom