Not an interesting thread but want say how much I love U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim

Refugee
I've been on here for years, EXCITED for a new U2 album, agitated but enthralled by mid album/tour distractions. I love music so much, but U2 are my team. I'm not a great long term sport supporter but my only analogy to say, football fans is that MY team is U2 and hope they understand (they usually do)..

I'm sat at home playing U22, in specifically 'Stay'. Despite having loved and listened to the song a great deal and heard it live a few times.. it just knocked me off my chair like I'd never heard it before.. tears, emotion, deeply personal resonance like never before.

This is why I love U2.

Great isn't it? Aren't we lucky?
xxx

I've been on here for years, EXCITED for a new U2 album, agitated but enthralled by mid album/tour distractions. I love music so much, but U2 are my team. I'm not a great long term sport supporter but my only analogy to say, football fans is that MY team is U2 and hope they understand (they usually do)..

I'm sat at home playing U22, in specifically 'Stay'. Despite having loved and listened to the song a great deal and heard it live a few times.. it just knocked me off my chair like I'd never heard it before.. tears, emotion, deeply personal resonance like never before.

This is why I love U2.

Great isn't it? Aren't we lucky?
xxx

Yes.

And i hope you mean real football.

Yes.

And i hope you mean real football.

ablett4_smaller.jpg

I do mean real football, though I'm more of a rugby man myself...and the wine has worn off a bit and I'm regretting starting a thread... can I rub it out now??

I do mean real football, though I'm more of a rugby man myself...and the wine has worn off a bit and I'm regretting starting a thread... can I rub it out now??

You are here since 2001 and you have less than 2000 posts. You can do whatever you want.

No need man, we're all in the same boat. Whilst I'm not really excited for a new album (because of the constant delays etc, I'm sure if one was announced tomorrow I'd be excited) but they will always be my favourite band. Hell the first time I saw them live in 2006 still stands as one of the very best nights of my life.

But soccer is not the best football. That title belongs to Aussie Rules Football.

Whilst

No need man, we're all in the same boat. Whilst I'm not really excited for a new album (because of the constant delays etc, I'm sure if one was announced tomorrow I'd be excited) but they will always be my favourite band.

Whilst :drool: such an underappreciated word.

I totally agree. I wish I had more time to be a blue crack addict but I just browse around while I wait for concrete evidence of a new album. But there will always be those watershed moments where I felt something greater than myself while listening to U2 songs, especially while running.

Noone talks like that in real life c'mon now..if anyone close to me actually used it in a sentence I'd probably backhand them. :lol:

But holy shit did someone actually report that post? Lean times! You'd think I called a person a douche! :shocked: :lmao:

No, no one actually reported that post.

What's douchier though, using the word or calling the use of it douchy and then saying you'd probably backhand someone who used it in person?

NSW lives in America currently, and he accounts for a large percentage of the douchebaggery with his concert-going habits.

I actually thought of him initially when it was used.

"Whilst I'd absolutely love to be up close to my favorite band and I dare say the view must be smashing, I just can't bear the thought of mingling amongst the writhing masses of commoners. So I shall stay up here in my douchey seats."

someone who used it in person?

Not just someone ie anyone, but someone close to me like a friend or relative. If they did it twice I'd have to administer a kick to the nuts, for emphasis.

I wouldn't be able to backhand NSW he'd be way up in those seats enjoying the caviar and Stella or whatever the fuck it is they serve there.

Not just someone ie anyone, but someone close to me like a friend or relative. If they did it twice if have to administer a kick to the nuts, for emphasis.

I wouldn't be able to backhand NSW he'd be way up in those seats enjoying the caviar and Stella or whatever the fuck it is they serve there.

I believe it's Dom perignon and foie gras.

Back
Top Bottom