NME - Noel Gallagher slams Keane but loves U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's funny because of the lyrics that was sung before the shove.

Come on now, Oasis love to slag people off and wreck hotel rooms. They are egomaniacs. If you want to dish it out prepare to get some in return.

That deserves a cracked rip? Dude, you have some issues.

That deserves a cracked rip? Dude, you have some issues.

:sad: Poor Noel. Gimmie a break!

If you like to fight people you will end up on the wrong end of it eventually. Noel is the one that has issues. Stop starting fights and you shouldn't have any problems. The brothers even challenged Keith Richards to a fight. The guy is a senior citizen for christ sakes!

You feel sorry for the wrong people.

I am rather appalled that anyone would find Noel's assault in any way amusing. No one deserves to be physically attacked without provocation. While the Gallaghers have instigated their share of fights, they at least do it face-to-face and attempt to back up their talk. Even Liam, when his teeth were knocked out, was able to admit that he simply got his ass kicked. That is undoubtedly more respectable than charging at someone with their back turned.

No one is saying we should attack people but if you play with fire eventually you get burnt. If you went to a bar and insulted some people nobody would be surprised by the result. Noel should focus on his music instead of other people.

If you like to fight people you will end up on the wrong end of it eventually. Noel is the one that has issues. Stop starting fights and you shouldn't have any problems. The brothers even challenged Keith Richards to a fight. The guy is a senior citizen for christ sakes!

It's not about feeling sorry or what they've done in the past(and btw challenging is not the same as doing) it's about the fact that it was unprovoked and might I add cowardice. And your amusement is just childish.

No one is saying we should attack people but if you play with fire eventually you get burnt. If you went to a bar and insulted some people nobody would be surprised by the result. Noel should focus on his music instead of other people.

If the guy who attacked Noel was stupid enough to take the Gallagher brothers' collective insults of a band he likes as a personal attack, he shouldn't have been allowed out in public to begin with.

Coldplay
“I like Coldplay. I’m not in a band full of Coldplay fans, there’s only me. I don’t speak about it with the other boys. I like Coldplay and U2, everyone in Oasis f---ing hates them. I think they’re a bit insecure Coldplay and U2 sell more records than we do. I love Violet Hill. I like them, I won’t f---ing deny it. I struggle a bit with Coldplay. You play someone a song and go ‘listen man it sounds like the Beatles, it’s f---ng great’ and then the next one sounds like Annie Lennox, so it’s like ‘OK, well that one’s a bit sh--’. I like Chris Martin. I think he’s a really great songwriter. He fascinates me, he’s f---ing proper posh. I haven’t met his wife. I somehow don’t think I’d be her cup of tea. I’d like to meet her, it’s Gwyneth Paltrow for f---’s sake, but I guess she wouldn’t like my profanities. I have a habit of swearing a lot.”

Kaiser Chiefs
“There’s been a feud between us and them, but in the case of the Kaiser Chiefs the little fat singer, he started it. It’s not important what he said, and it’s a shame one has to get involved in this kind of thing but you can’t let these fat idiots get away with it.”

Bloc Party
“They’re a bunch of middle class kids trying to rebel about against mum and dad. They sit on top of an apex of sh--.”

Keane
“I feel sorry for Keane. No matter how hard they try they’ll always be squares. Even if one of them started injecting heroin into onto his (Noel uses potentially offensive euphemism for the male member) people would go ‘Yeah but your dad was a vicar, good night’.

Gotta love Noel's consistency. But if interviewers keep asking him what he thinks of bands, what should he say?

"Oh, yeah they're a great young band, I think they've got real potential".

For every band, even when he doesn't mean it?

Noel speaks his mind.

Though I reckon he'd be more respected by me and maybe a few other people if he cut off the swearing, theres no need for it imo.

I agree with you. Although I think it is serius and wrong to get attacked or i should say to attack someone, Liam and Noel really ask for it all the time so sooner or later if you ask enough times you will get it. Okay let me hear the whining about how i have issues about how I think they deserved to be attacked. bring it on!

Noel, are there other words except shit and fuck in your vocabulary? What the hell does he criticize always other musicians? Keane might be chubby children, but he's definitely not the best musician to say this or that are shit. He just must consider his own music, which is not always the best you can listen to.................

I agree.....not very professional on Mr. Gallagher's part.

I read somewhere that Noel really likes Kasabian?
I`ve got both Kasabian albums , they are quite good.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

I think they are a poor mans Beatles.

:lol:even G.Harrison thought so!
In an interview in 1996 he said : get rid of the funny one ( Liam ) and you might get a bit better:lol:

Then Liam ( who`s fav Beatle is Harrison ) said : I respect him for his music but as a person his is a f---ing nipple.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

:lol:even G.Harrison thought so!
In an interview in 1996 he said : get rid of the funny one ( Liam ) and you might get a bit better:lol:

Then Liam ( who`s fav Beatle is Harrison ) said : I respect him for his music but as a person his is a f---ing nipple.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Doubt that, his fave Beatle is surely Lennon, he thinks he's Lennon reincarnated.

Oh yeah...Lennon was indeed his fav Beatle.
(Reincarnated Lennon...only in his dreams:lol:)
But the Harrison quote was on mtv such along time (`96)ago:wink:
Gonna check youtube maybe it`s on there?
It was very funny back then , fun to check it out.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Oh and the members are at least obviously insane, instead of pretending they aren't. Oh and none of them married Yoko.

Back
Top Bottom