NLOTH songs on next tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But why do you think they don't want to be tied to Boots?

I think there's no way they're abandoning Moment of Surrender. But damn, they're starting to get to a point where I feel like I might have to see them 10000 times if I ever want to hear Bad.

I just heard NLOTH, the full album.

I think Crazy Tonight might have a shot, in album version. After years of the disco version, I found it refreshing now

'Fez - Being Born' would be the ultimate surprise.

THINK - Magnificent // GOYB (less chance), Breathe (less chance, just for the Mandela connection), Crazy Tonight (slight chance)

WANT - NLOTH (maybe reworked a bit)

Question, has U2 ever brought back a song that was abandoned during its initial tour? That's exactly why most of the No Line On The Horizon tracks seem very unlikely to return.

Question, has U2 ever brought back a song that was abandoned during its initial tour? That's exactly why most of the No Line On The Horizon tracks seem very unlikely to return.

That's my initial thought.

But then again, keep into account that it's a different stage in U2's existence. Sure they might've abandoned stuff like October for stuff off of TUF, and stuff off of TUF for TJT... but now is different.

Now they can play whatever they want really. They've got so many songs... it isn't an A vs. B. It's A1 vs. A2 vs. A3, etc. I would imagine Bad is an A song. They've just got other A songs. Now, whether or not NLOTH is an A song in their mind determines whether or not it stands a chance. I don't think so.

I never thought of MOS as being specific to a particular situation or event for the band. Is it?

It's not, which is why I think it'll be played at least occasionally on the next tour. I also think they'll bust out SYCMIOYO eventually, after all it was rehearsed on the 360 tour.

I'd say GOYB will probably get played, that is the most likely, closely followed by Magnificent.

The only other possibility it seems to be is MOS, but like others have said, it's probably a bit slow and long, thus taking up a fair bit of the set, but as the band seem very attached to it it will probably make a few appearances. Personally I don't think it worked as a show closer so hopefully if it does appear it will be earlier in the set.

'Fez - Being Born' would be the ultimate surprise.

THINK - Magnificent // GOYB (less chance), Breathe (less chance, just for the Mandela connection), Crazy Tonight (slight chance)

WANT - NLOTH (maybe reworked a bit)

I'd love to see FEZ making an appearance, it would have been the perfect opener for the 360 tour, lengthened dubby intro as the band approach the stage, images of FEZ on the massive screen, then the band hit the stage as FEZ turns into being born, if only. Then followed by NLOTH, oh well.

Neither have a chance of making it this time round IMO.

I think it worked grand as a closer. However, I also think the closer spot will be filled by something on the album. Which leaves MOS in a predicament considering it basically would be competing with WOWY.

Question, has U2 ever brought back a song that was abandoned during its initial tour?

Good question. A coupe of recent ones...

Scarlet: It was hardly played in support of the October album but brought back during the 360 tour some 27 years later!

Zooropa: Dropped for the final Zoo TV shows but brought back during the 360 tour.

Zooropa: Dropped for the final Zoo TV shows but brought back during the 360 tour.

It was only played three times on ZooTV, and it was a heavily abbreviated version.

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses was "abandoned" on ZooTV, only to have a full-band comeback on Vertigo, only to be replaced by a half-assed acoustic version afterwards.

In a Little While wasn't played on the 3rd leg of the Elevation Tour, but it made an unfortunate return for both Vertigo and 360.

I think we'll only hear one song from NLOTH and my buest guess is Magnificent.

At the end of the 360 tour most of NLOTH had already been abandoned, so I wouldn't expect it to make a full-force return on this tour. It's well liked by only the hardcore fan base. Casual fans simply didn't like it, or five years later still don't even know it exists.

Magnificent is really the one song from NLOTH that most U2 fans can agree that they like. It has over 12 million views on YouTube compared to Boots and Crazy which both have around three million.

Up until the Vertigo Tour, no song ever dropped before the end of its debut tour had shown up on a subsequent tour. However, on Vertigo and 360 a number of songs dropped before the end of their debut tours made the setlist, so I think this supposed "rule" of U2 setlists can now be safely discarded.

Boots, cuz U2 likes their rockers, and Mag, 'cause it's got that U2 epic stadium feel™

MOS I'd love to see stay, but I feel like it's a little long and U2 have too many essential ballads they gotta do. But I personally think MOS ranks up there with the best of them. Better than Sometimes and AIWIY, even.

i seriously doubt we will see Fez played, but then again this is the band that inexplicably brought back "Scarlet" so really anything could happen, eh? Like many of you I always though Fez would be a fantastic encore opener.

Magnificent? Bored to death if this song, has no staying power.

On your boots, I like it and think it's underrated personally.

Unknown caller, great guitar solo and all round good tune.

Crazy tonight, but has to be album version

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I must admit i am bored of magnificent i always skip the track on u22 . Nloth and breathe are the only two tracks i listen to all the while

Changing the subject/album. I'd love to see Miracle Drug and Love& peace return. Great songs, underrated too.

Sorry to rabbit and I know this is about NLOTH, but let's get a petition going for the comeback of-

Breathe
Lemon
Discoteque ( see a bootleg clip on YouTube, Larry kicked arse with drum licks)
Miracle Drug
When I look at the world ( have they ever played this live?)

Insert your own list below.......

Two hearts beat as one
Gloria
A sort of homecoming
Exit
Bullet the blue sky
Acrobat
Mofo
Kite

Really none of the songs seem like obvious choices to come back on the next tour, so it'll all come down to their personal preferences. There are no MUST PLAY songs from that album. Even the band got bored with Magnificent. Boots and MOS have the best chances, I'd imagine, but the new album will probably have a rocker in the vein of Vertigo/GOYB, so GOYB might get shoved out. MAYBE Crazy Tonight will appear in it's original version, but I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom