Night & Day Live!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Someone on Interference does have the full video performance of Night and Day. They won't upload for fear of getting in trouble at work or something. There were countless threads begging the person to upload but alas it hasn't surfaced yet.

Another interferencer (Mia) tried to get the video trough the official way, but the company that owned it said they could not release it for some obscure reason :grumpy:

I think Bono sounds really off-key for much of the song. :shrug: From Edge's solo on, things improve. I love Bono's vocals near the very end. He really nails that.

I've had this song on my iPod for years. :reject: Sorry, had I known it wasn't common, I would've shared.

Anyway, I agree - Bono does start off the song with some pitch problems. I'm sure that's for many reasons (one being that they U2 don't perform the song). But once Edge joins, Bono is wailing like it was 1989 again! So a weak start but an outstanding finish! :yes:

I've had this song on my iPod for years. :reject: Sorry, had I known it wasn't common, I would've shared.

I don't think the audio part is that rare. It's just the video that people can't get their hands on.

IIRC, I got the mp3 of the song right here at Interference several years ago when some kind soul shared the audio.

I've always wanted to see the video too, but probably mostly because we haven't been allowed too, and Edge sounds fantastic. Not one of my favorite vocal performances though.

I love the original video to this, where Bono is just sitting and singing on the stairs :drool: Now I am going to have to go watch it again :flirt:

Yeah the studio version is high on my list for Bono vocals as opposed to the Music cares live version being low on my list.

There's a video version without the razor blade?

maybe he is a little off key at the begining but how can u not love those insane operatic vocals towards the end

The off key thing isn't why I don't care for it, in fact it doesn't even bother me. I really can't say why it doesn't rank high for me. Just something about it. However I'd LOVE to see them do it live!
And that's interesting about the video Fitz! The razor blade made it to the dvd so I wonder what the bladeless version was.

I just came across this thread, I did not know it was here.

I have listened to this version at least 4,000 times since the day my ex-hubby (celticfc) found it in 2004, I think it was,
not to mention the thousands of times I listened to the other versions....
any one who knows me knows I play it non stop, (sorry everyone).
Night & Day is my favorite song ever written, and my favorite song U2 has ever sung.
I have 4 tattoos dedicated to the song, and named my business Night & Day Massage Arts, after the song...:reject:
After seeing this clip, right now for the first time, I have tears in my eyes.
I can't tell you how much I have wished and hoped to just see Bono singing toward the end...it was more beautiful than I imagained...
and I feel like I can die complete now.

Thank you so much.

:sniff:

I just came across this thread, I did not know it was here.

I have listened to this version at least 4,000 times since the day my ex-hubby (celticfc) found it in 2004, I think it was,
not to mention the thousands of times I listened to the other versions....
any one who knows me knows I play it non stop, (sorry everyone).
Night & Day is my favorite song ever written, and my favorite song U2 has ever sung.
I have 4 tattoos dedicated to the song, and named my business Night & Day Massage Arts, after the song...:reject:
After seeing this clip, right now for the first time, I have tears in my eyes.
I can't tell you how much I have wished and hoped to just see Bono singing toward the end...it was more beautiful than I imagained...
and I feel like I can die complete now.

Thank you so much.

:sniff:

ex :hmm:

I can testify to the constant playing of this song.

Back
Top Bottom