Next Streaming Concert: Go Home, Slane 2000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tommycharles

War Child
https://www.u2.com/news/title/next-up-live-from-slane-castle

I assume unlike Sydney this won’t have a different mix, but that’s fine as the original mix is good. I haven’t sat and watched that show in at least a decade, looking forward to seeing it again (and probably replacing the copy in my Plex library).

Watching this now I’m reminded how much running around Bono used to do. That more or less stopped after Elevation.

Also noticing a couple of things which are now standard at U2 gigs hadn’t arrived - Bono takes his glasses off after three songs and keeps them off, and Edge doesn’t have a headset.

Bono and Edge smirking when Edge misses a chord in Staring at the Sun is a nice moment.

Last couple of observations - it is striking how little a role video plays in this gig. Truly the anti-popmart in that sense.

The big obvious main stage shot (ala Zoo TV Sydney and Popmart Mexico) is the only correct choice for the blinding light moment at the start of Streets. I miss it here. If we ever get a film of TJT ‘17, please don’t screw that up.

I realize it was aimed at U.S. audiences, but Bullet on this tour wasn’t really the same without the Mark Chapman bit. Between that and the fact that WOWY wasn’t very good on Elevation in general, the first encore is probably the low point of this set. But then Shine Like Stars happens and you’d forgive them anything.

Last edited:
What’s the video upscale like?

I’m not sure of the technical terms, but according to the video player on the site it’s 360p, and while it’s a 16x9 aspect ratio it’s presented with borders on all 4 sides, so it doesn’t quite fill the screen.

It looks... fine. IIRC this wasn’t actually intentionally filmed for release, but it looks better than things which came before it and worse than things that came after it.

Where are the 1080p upgraded blu ray releases from this band!! Release them amd stream concerts that are/were not available.....pffff....very poor strategy.

Why are the streams only available to paying members? It would be nice if they uploaded shows to YouTube like another popular rock band is doing.

Taking the streams down is absurd. It's shocking how terribly run U2 Inc. is. We all know that, but still. When was the last time they made a good decision?

Back
Top Bottom