New U2 DVD - 5.1 stereo of Rockpalast 1983

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This seems to have been removed from Amazon.com, I had it on my wishlist. Now it just says "This item is no longer available." I wonder if there are some legal issues or something?

It's still listed on Best Buys site, but as a pre-order, which is strange since it's already on the shelves of their stores. Maybe it will get pulled down though if there is an issue.

I bought it & tried to watch it...its without a doubt complete utter GARBAGE!!!!!
The video quality & sound is a complete mess...its like watch a really old & grainy
vhs video tape. Then again I have a lot of vhs tapes that look AND SOUND better than this. I have no idea what anyone was thinking when they decided to release this. The dvd box cover looks like something designed on their $20 printer/ & the dvd menu is well....you imagine that one. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE save your money & do not buy this. 5.1 surround? Well, LMAO - you can even hear the edges guitar from this sound mix...yes its THAT BAD. :down:

If you would like to check out this show without buying the DVD, go here...

CONCERT.TV - U2

The concert is currently showing on Comcast On Demand in the US as well. The audio and video quality are the same as the DVD. I'm assuming this wouldn't have made it onto concert.tv without U2 knowing about it. They may not approve of it, they probably just don't own the rights to the broadcast.

Nice, I always to see where some of the tracks of Under A Blood Red Sky came from.

Sound quality and mix is shit though.....Adam's bass farts.

Nice, I always to see where some of the tracks of Under A Blood Red Sky came from.

Sound quality and mix is shit though.....Adam's bass farts.

You can barely even hear Edge's guitar during certain parts of Out of Control....wtf

Well, looks like this release has gone M.I.A. on its release week; according to this link, U2 - Live [US DVD]: The Ideal Copy:

"It appears that while this DVD was just released, the band's lawyers must have put a cease and desist on this - it appears to have been recalled and/or prevented from further manufacture. Get it while you can..."

Sure enough, it's disappeared everywhere online. No listing at Amazon, Best Buy, DVDPacific (where I purchased mine), nowhere. I have a second, sealed copy with a slight corner crush of the plastic case that, to my eyes, doesn't appear to adversely affect the insert, if anyone's interested in this instant collectible. $30 USD + shipping. Email me at cynthia_squirrel@hotmail.com, if interested.

The aussie version on Ezy DVD has "distributor delay", so I guess that it will be removed soon enough. I actually pre-ordered it from DVD Pacific and they sent it out because I got the shipping notification.

I was in Best Buy last night and was surprised to see 2 copies still on the shelf (there had only been a few when I bought mine) The price had gone up from 9.99 to 14.99 but anyways, if anyone is still trying to find it that proves that Best Buy at least hasn't bothered to pull all of them from their shelves yet.

Does anyone know what bono says in german
before singing sunday bloody sunday???

I'm german - but I don't get it: "the next song is about a day.." and then I really don't get what Bono wants to say in german. Something with "forgot" and "would" but he really has to practise more - 25 years after that he is a far better german speaker:

YouTube - Herbert Grönemeyer und Bono - Mensch

it's so great :lol:

Does anyone know what bono says in german
before singing sunday bloody sunday???

It's something like: This next song is about a day in Irish history that we cannot forget, but we have to.

And I'm a bit surprised as I'd thought that the famous intro "This song is not a rebel song, this song is Sunday Bloody Sunday" was also from this gig (and was spliced into the Red Rocks video). Apparently, it's not the case.
:confused:

Cna anyone pick me up a copy if they see one. I'll pay for shipping and a little extra than what it cost. I've checked all my local stores and none have it. Contact me at charleswise(at)gmail.com. Thanks.

I watched this last night and this morning again on DEMAND.. Concert TV on the FREE ZONE on COX Cable.

The first half hour put me to sleep - besides Out of Control, the sound on Twilight was horrid.....and Bono looked like he was half asleep during most of the first three or four songs.

But.... I knew it all sounded familiar.. then I realized it was from THIS show that many tracks on the Under a Blood Red Sky LP were from. The last half was excellent.

Not worth buying, but fun to watch....
Catrin

Back
Top Bottom