New U2.com offer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, I reupped last year. I'd better not have to re-up again to get these new ones.
If you got U22 since you reupped, then probably yes. We'll only get it once we resubscribe.

I'm annoyed The Edge keeps thinking "Get on Your Boots" was a good idea. Still, this is very good news. Hoping for "Your Blue Room". Don't want "Sunday Bloody Sunday" and obvious hits, but that might be inevitable.

When the news first came that the new U2.com gift would be a CD from the 360 live tracks I speculated on the following tracklisting:
Just for fun I made a possible tracklist for a 1CD version of the remaining tracks. I wanted to limit it to 12 songs, but somehow these 13 seems most logical to me. This is not completely my personal wishlist (as those would include many of the rarities), but just a thought of what would still be a selection accurately representing the U2360 Tour.

1. Breathe
2. No Line On The Horizon
3. Get On Your Boots
4. I Will Follow
5. Angel Of Harlem *
6. In A Little While
7. Vertigo
8. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
9. Sunday Bloody Sunday
10. Scarlet
11. Pride
12. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
13. "40"

(* This one can be substituted with Desire)

Given what we know now (Get On Your Boots, New Year's Day and Electrical Storm more or less confirmed for the CD, No Line On The Horizon and Spanish Eyes bonus tracks not on the CD) a possible tracklist could be:
1. Breathe
2. Get On Your Boots
3. New Year's Day
4. Angel Of Harlem *
5. Electrical Storm
6. In A Little While
7. Your Blue Room **
8. Vertigo
9. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday
11. Scarlet
12. Pride
13. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
14. Mothers Of The Disappeared
15. "40"

* Angel Of Harlem can be substituted with Desire
** Your Blue Room can be substituted with Miss Sarajevo

I wasn't able to fit in Return Of Stingray Guitar somewhere in there, as I want the compilation to start with Breathe (preferably from Barcelona) as it was the first song played on the tour. And the compilation should close with "40", the final song in Moncton.

Good job, U2. Glad they're getting these tracks out. I think I may be alone in really hoping that Angel of Harlem makes it. :D

Batman is also a must.

Anyone know if the photo from the cover of the book is available online anywhere. I'm trying to make some iTunes cover art. Something like this:

groundup.png

But I'd like to have the actual cover photo to work with.

Closest free fonts I was able to find are Machine BT and Becker Grotesque.

Oh not this again.

If you want the songs, make a request thread in Music on the internet, please. Don't clutter these discussion threads with emails. :(

Hmm, I reupped last year. I'd better not have to re-up again to get these new ones.

Of course you will. This is the bonus for your annual subscription. If you subscribed last year (or even early this year), you will have to do so again to get these new items. This is how it's worked for every year U2.com has been active.

I'm not sure it's written anywhere that Edge's picks can only come from the remaining U22 songs, right?

I have a feeling we may get a surprise or 2. Otherwise they'd call it "obvious leftovers" rather than get Edge to pick.

so there is for sure confirmation that if u renew early- it tacks 12 months onto your existing membership date, not 12 months from today, right?

I'm not sure it's written anywhere that Edge's picks can only come from the remaining U22 songs, right?

I have a feeling we may get a surprise or 2. Otherwise they'd call it "obvious leftovers" rather than get Edge to pick.

Perhaps, but what surprises could they possible pull out then? North Star and Every Breaking Wave? A second live version of Moment of Surrender? Something else?

It's not like the "leftovers" lacked singles or live favorites, so I wouldn't assume Edge would have trouble choosing from those.

So I resubscribed and I got another year tacked on as well, expiring October 2014. At least we don't have to think about it for another two years.

If this next CD goes beyond the U22 leftovers, then Edge, please pick Boy Falls From The Sky, please!

I re-upped with the $75 version- I don't have the Zoo TV cd's and the overall package for 2012/13 is really good- fair play to them for taking on board the feedback from Duals

was hoping they'd release more live tracks from 360 that didn't make the cut last time

it tacks on 12 months from whenever your membership lapses- mine now ends in Jan 2014

Of course you will. This is the bonus for your annual subscription. If you subscribed last year (or even early this year), you will have to do so again to get these new items. This is how it's worked for every year U2.com has been active.

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when I posted that.

So, anyone know where this version of No Line... is recorded from? I remember seeing the 30 second clip identified as Sheffield, but I don't know if this matches the radio show or not.

Back
Top Bottom