New subscribers gift for 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolbersu2

War Child
With 2020 almost wrapped up it's time for speculating and ideas about the new subscribers gift. Last two gifts were great imo, (OK, the dvd should have been a blu-ray) but now, after a relative quiet year on the U2-front (and a 2021 will be a 'calm' year too) I'm quite curious what will be next. What makes sense? Again I've got some ideas! I think any of us have!

1. A Rare and Remastered cd part two (and download/stream for the 'digital' collectors): with inclusion of the original meant Songs of Ascent, including a polished studioversion of Mercy , first studio take of Every Breaking Wave, North Star, Winter (movie version), 'Where the shadows fall' (from the Willie Nelson movie, not released at all at this point). In short: enough to fill one or two cd's.

2. The soundtrack to the forthcoming JT-tour movie 'Heartland' on cd

There 's plenty of material to choose I think. Give us something to look forward to in these times. The ATYCLB-box (with hardly rare material) was such an anti-climax last year.

Hopefully, if they persist with horribly outdated tech like cds or dvds , they offer choices to fans not stuck in the 1990s and give a cheaper digital only, or premium physical format (blu ray/vinyl) choice.

I hear they recently found a large box of The Edge's brother's plectrums from when he was briefly in the band. They plan on sending one out to each fan club member (while supplies last).

Dik's Picks

At this stage, I just don't know what they can release which will be of genuine interest to the hardcore fans? If the "vaults" are as bare as we all suspect, or stuff is being held back for future albums or reissues, then I can only suspect we'll get a 12" with 6 remixes of You're The Best Thing About Me.

Adam gave that to all the fans on Achtung Baby.

34ce6bd2717b3db860320ee7a3cd0235.gif

I mean, it’s not the worst one they’ve done, it’s actually quite a nice show to have officially, especially with the orchestra on stage for the R&H tracks.

I really hope it’s the full show, but who hasn’t got the bootleg?

They should have used lockdown or a break in activity to get their sound guys to start mixing live shows from their career and start selling them via their website for £10 or something.

U2.com has published a small update on the subscriber gift.
https://www.u2.com/news/title/u2-live-at-the-apollo1/

It's apparently a 2CD package and includes the full show. Yes, Red Flag Day is included.
Tracklist:
U2 – Live at the Apollo

CD1
1. I Will Follow
2. The Electric Co.
3. Out Of Control
4. Red Flag Day
5. All Because Of You
6. Vertigo
7. Elevation
8. Beautiful Day
9. Pride (In the Name of Love)
10. Get Out Of Your Own Way
11. American Soul

CD2
1. Angel of Harlem
2. Desire
3. When Love Comes To Town
4. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
5. Every Breaking Wave
6. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
7. Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way

U2.com has published a small update on the subscriber gift.
https://www.u2.com/news/title/u2-live-at-the-apollo1/

It's apparently a 2CD package and includes the full show. Yes, Red Flag Day is included.

I'm shocked they finally made a non-boneheaded decision.

As said above, I'll be downloading a rip as well because U2.com isn't getting any more of my fucking money after the shit they pulled.

If I place a CD on top of my phone, will the music just start playing? I'm not sure how to use these "CD's" you speak of.

Good but the last thing I need from this band is more CDs

I hope the U2-world will not be a streaming-only- world... That would be very, very boring. Bring on the physical releases and .... of course.... keep streaming/downloading, that's already happening, so I don't know what's your point.

So CD's are great, with best quality. Artwork is an advantage too. Great to collect! Keep them coming. Vinyl isn't dead too. Even cassettes make a comeback.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom