New Pre-Sale System Coming (And it sucks)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
See y'all in Nashville!

Presale went pretty easily except the naming of the sections was weirddddd. There were a ton including some confusing ones "Main Floor Seated" - which I think I figured out is the first, highest priced, level of row seatings.

Also my tickets are just two QR codes within the app? I like that.

I also didn't even use the text link. It was taking too long so right away I switched to my tablet and just used the code. I never had any wait time, got right through. Can't say that means it's always better, but I would say try something else unless phone is all you have.
Yeah the text link is just a link to the main U2 Ticketmaster page.

If you're on a PC or tablet you need only to use the code provided to unlock the presale.

Secured MSG tickets section 311 row 1 for $112 each. i hope there are no instructions but on “view my seat” for MSG they seem pretty good

I have to imagine more shows will be announced after the public onsale next week... especially in NYC, etc.

I thought about buying two for Chicago and taking a friend. But I got greedy and decided to use both presale codes for myself, using one now and saving one for another potential date.

Though I have a feeling if U2 returns to the States after Europe it'll be in 2019 and have to start all over again with registration, etc.

Does it appear TM is holding back some Red Zone and the best VIP seats for shows? It's kind of funny to see most of the prime seats on Edge's side gone but still decent number of seats available on Adam's side. Those two should switch stage positions for this tour, lol!

I heard of a few bumps, but that went very smoothly. Happy to see it's not cc-only entry for GA, so I bought a San Jose ticket and can unload it if they add another date closer to me (I'm sure they won't, though).

There's a significant number of people posting on the Zootopia forum about paid up U2.com members being eligable for the Experience pre-sale, getting the confirmation email yesterday and later last night getting a follow-up email that they will not get a presale access code presumably because this is a lottery and being shut out of today's presale.

Yeah, that's some bullshit. I don't care that the fine print was worded that you might not get a code, that's bullshit to charge people for $40 just for a CHANCE at a code.

I get that a code doesn't guarantee you a ticket, but to turn the code into a lottery? That's fucked up.

Is it true that hard tickets for all shows and all seats including GA are an option for this tour?

True in that it's not "credit card only" for GA like it was for I&E. Most venues should have option for hard ticket or mobile ticket.

I went over to the Zootopia forums, and holy shit, who designed the updated forum? It's light font on light background and is impossible to read.

This whole new system is reallyyyyy leaving a bad taste in my mouth. How can they tout presale access as a member benefit but then change it to be a chance at presale access?? That doesn't seem fair at all.

Also my buddy woke up today to two emails from U2.com: one saying he was eligible for the pre-sale and then a second one saying he wasn't (when he should've been). I told him to follow-up with customer service but he was so pissed & dejected that now he doesn't even want to buy tickets.

I know it's anecdotal but you have to wonder how many other fans are going to decide the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

You have to verify yourself again for general sale by the weekend- whereby the robots at TM will deem whether you're a fan or a tout- ironic given the number of tickets already on Vileagogo or Stub Hub

This verified fan thing is a load of rubbish. What's stopping a tout buying a u2.com membership and then verifying it.

Plus if ticketmaster care that much about touting they should shut down their own site getmein.com. We're touts freely sell tickets for inflated prices. Which ticketmaster take a fee from.

Surely everyone who has a membership should get a pre sale code? Why are some people getting rejected? Is it just me being thick :) I don't get it

The whole thing is very shady to begin with. Live Nation owns ticketmaster and ticketmaster has its own reseller service that takes a big cut of any sales. What interest does anyone have to stop touting completely? I don't believe for a second that they want to sell all tix at face value.

Can someone clue me in to what is going on? I'm part of the innocence group. I assumed I was going to be able to access tickets tomorrow at 10 am. Is that not correct?

You should be getting an email today/tonight that says "watch for a code tomorrow," and you should get a text with a code before the presale.

BUT

Some people have received "oops, sorry, you shouldn't have gotten that email" after getting the confirmation email that says they'd be getting a code. So watch for that.

Contact the mods over on the U2.com forums (there's a main thread where it's all going on, and a sticky post that has the information on how to contact them) if you get the "oops" email, or get an email but don't get a code.

Good luck!

Uh .... or not?

This message is currently on the Zootopia forum:

Zootopia Community is currently unavailable

IMPORTANT NOTICE.

Due to the massive number of enquiries and circumstances beyond our control surrounding the presales today, Zootopia has gone to have a bit of a lie down...

Please address ALL issues surrounding presales to the U2.com HELP page Customer Service Team, who can be located here : U2 > Help

The Mod team hope you find what you are looking for, and apologise for any inconvenience at his time.

Hitman said:
Can someone clue me in to what is going on? I'm part of the innocence group. I assumed I was going to be able to access tickets tomorrow at 10 am. Is that not correct?

Also check the time, I think tomorrow’s presale is at 1pm now.

Happened to me. One email saying I'm good then another saying oops sorry we made a mistake you don't get a code now. So as it stands now, unless I verify for a general sale, I can't buy a ticket for any show, but someone who is a casual fan and has verified for general sale will be able to buy a ticket. I first saw this band in Glasgow Scotland in 1979. Have followed them ever since. So it pains me to say say this bu f**k U2. I'm done with them.

Back
Top Bottom