New Pre-Sale System Coming (And it sucks)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought Red Zones were in the same spots as shown for I&E? Weren't they on the sides, close to the seats last time?

But yeah, this is a great layout for GA. Glad they're sticking with it.

Questions about presale, hope anyone can help:

* Where do I see on u2.com since when I am a paid member.
I don't think you can see clearly since when you're a paid member. On your account profile you can see until when your subscription is still valid.
Though in the lower left corner there is a section with subscriber downloads. It might be that you can only download those songs that were made available while you were a paid subscriber (of the material available I can download Every Breaking Wave (Radio Edit), the Another Time Another Place songs and the JT Single Collection)

* If I am member since before Nov 2016, that puts me in the first presale group if I'm right (under conditions I extend membership)
Yes, likely. I don't think U2.com themselves have communicated any hard date by which you had to be a member to be in the first group.

* If I preorder the album before Nov 30, I also get early access to the European shows? What is then the need to extend membership u2.com?
Extending your membership now is relevant if you want to get a ticket for a North American show (during the U2.com presale). And though preordering gets you early access to the European shows, that access will be after U2.com subscribers (who will be first in line).

* ? And if I buy a ticket for the tour, I'll get a copy of the album (according to u2gigs.com)....but probably I already preordered an album in order to get chance on tickets?
I believe this is only for the North American shows (for now, might also be done later for the European shows, but that's still unknown). And, that offer (getting a copy of the album) is only for US & Canadian residents. So if you live in another country, you won't get a copy of the album.

* In any case, to get tickets I need to bedome verified fan member ?
For the North American shows, yes you need to become a verified fan member if you want to participate in the U2.com presales. And also if you want to participate in the general sale, you'll need to become a verified member at Ticketmaster.

I thought Red Zones were in the same spots as shown for I&E? Weren't they on the sides, close to the seats last time?

But yeah, this is a great layout for GA. Glad they're sticking with it.

Yes, Red Zone was in the same spot then. That layout is (for now) exactly the same as it was on the i+e Tour.

fuck it.

i am 43 and done with this.

not to mention currently no Toronto show.

but i think JT30 was my last show anyway. surprisingly nice not to be so fucking anxious about making sure to get GA seats.

it was a blast. :wave:

YWoEUaf.jpg

I was thinking about doing Red Zone this time, but not if it's that far away from the stage! :ohmy:

I was thinking about doing Red Zone this time, but not if it's that far away from the stage! :ohmy:

Remember, this is the floor of a basketball arena as opposed to a football field. Everything on the floor of a basketball arena is pretty close. You'll be very close in that red zone and won't have to deal with the larger crowd in general admission.

Its not that far away, and you can venture onto the main floor if you choose. When you factor in the view of the screen, it makes sense that its set back a bit.

But I honestly think there wasn't any great advantage to Red Zone in the arenas in 2015 with that stage set up, but a definite advantage in stadia in 2009/2011 & 2017. I don't really see the value for the money here. Just get GA, can get a good spot arriving at any time, lots of people in 2015 even hung back and moved up and down the floor with the band.

I think you will be fine in the US, i dont think most shows will sell out very quickly next year.

The JT tour just wrapped up and had 2 legs in the US so the market for U2 shows are quite saturated as it is already.

The shows that will sell out day one is like Boston, Chicago and NYC.

But places like Tulsa, St Louis, Las Vegas, Nashville.. will sell quite slow i think.

That's exactly why I'm going for Nashville instead of Chicago. If I'm in there immediately when tickets go on sale, I should have problem getting floor tickets. I think all these shows will sell out, but like you said some of them will be slow, and the unsold expensive tickets will be discounted eventually.

I've been a massive fan for over 20 years, and I make pretty good money, and there's no way in hell I'm paying $300 for a single ticket. I'd prefer having seats to being on the floor, but floor at $80 is the only option that's really worth the money for me.

:scratch:

My subscription runs out in February and previously my profile had unverified status because I needed to re-up. I haven't done that yet, but now my profile says it is verified and that set-up is complete. The faqs still says that we need to re-up, so...????

Is anyone looking at Vegas? I was just in ticketmaster and clicking on the event forwards me on the ticketing partner site called AXS?!

What is that? Did I not need this whole verified fan thing or what? I don't get it.

Anyone have a clue?

As others said, it's on a very small arena floor that is already cut in half by the screen. That will be a great position.

Also I think they're placed further back this time so you could see the screen and the band as well. Given the stage setup, if you're right by the rail, you don't get a screen view.

I am not sure if this is where to post this question but i am going to do it anyways. I have been in the U2 fan club since the days of "propaganda" and a member of U2.com since it started. My problem is with this new way to get presale tix. I do not own a cell phone. Anyone know what i can do ?

I am not sure if this is where to post this question but i am going to do it anyways. I have been in the U2 fan club since the days of "propaganda" and a member of U2.com since it started. My problem is with this new way to get presale tix. I do not own a cell phone. Anyone know what i can do ?

Find someone you can rely on with a cell phone that accepts texts.

Best Buy has prepaid flip phones as low as $29.99.

I've been a massive fan for over 20 years, and I make pretty good money, and there's no way in hell I'm paying $300 for a single ticket. I'd prefer having seats to being on the floor, but floor at $80 is the only option that's really worth the money for me.

After feeling a bit bedraggled standing all day (and night) at the 360 show in Tampa I swore off floor tickets. I did the expensive lower level seats for Miami 360, St Louis 360, Phoenix I&E, Miami & Tampa JT30.

But when I decided for New Orleans JT30 I dove back onto the floor because I wanted to see that screen straight-on floor level. It was so enjoyable that I'm doing GA floor again for this next tour. The bonus is that it's cheaper, but I have really enjoyed the lower level seats. When I splurge $300 for a ticket like that I just assume that my budget is spent for entertainment for the year, that way I don't feel guilty with the expense.

But you can't go wrong with GA, that's for sure.

Well the tickets for the european leg doesnt seem to drop for pre-sale/general sale until early next year. So that's one less thing to "worry" about until then.

Quick question... I thought the U2.com and Ticketmaster Verified Fan programs were separate? Were they actually one in the same?

I ask because I went to U2.com at first and did the set-up links for everything except the 2018 membership renewal. At that point, it showed me as "Setup Incomplete". However, when I registered for the Ticketmaster Verified Fan program through that other website, I returned to U2.com and now it says "Setup Complete", without saying I have to buy a membership. The headings above say U2.COM VERIFIED SUBSCRIBER PRESALE and then the Ticketmaster Verified Fan logo below.

Any ideas? Thanks ahead of time?

Quick question... I thought the U2.com and Ticketmaster Verified Fan programs were separate? Were they actually one in the same?

I ask because I went to U2.com at first and did the set-up links for everything except the 2018 membership renewal. At that point, it showed me as "Setup Incomplete". However, when I registered for the Ticketmaster Verified Fan program through that other website, I returned to U2.com and now it says "Setup Complete", without saying I have to buy a membership. The headings above say U2.COM VERIFIED SUBSCRIBER PRESALE and then the Ticketmaster Verified Fan logo below.

Any ideas? Thanks ahead of time?

No, they are separate. However, I believe for the U2.com Verified Fan setup, to have to correct status shown (Setup Complete) you need to log out and log in again. This as it initially does not change to Setup Complete once the steps have been done.

No, they are separate. However, I believe for the U2.com Verified Fan setup, to have to correct status shown (Setup Complete) you need to log out and log in again. This as it initially does not change to Setup Complete once the steps have been done.

Thanks for clarifying. I logged out and logged in again on two separate browsers, but it still shows up as "Setup Complete". I haven't re-subscribed (or pre-ordered the album yet), so this is a tad confusing now. :scratch:

Thanks for clarifying. I logged out and logged in again on two separate browsers, but it still shows up as "Setup Complete". I haven't re-subscribed (or pre-ordered the album yet), so this is a tad confusing now. :scratch:

If it says 'Setup Complete' don't worry about anything else.

I have a question...

So I am U2.com member (renewed a few days ago), and I am also a Citi cardholder. Am I able to participate in both the U2.com Verified Fan presale AND the Citi Cardholder presale? My goal is to get five total tickets for the concert in Philly. I plan to buy two from the U2.com presale, and three from the Citi presale. Am I able to do this? I want to make sure I don't have my tickets cancelled.

I have a question...

So I am U2.com member (renewed a few days ago), and I am also a Citi cardholder. Am I able to participate in both the U2.com Verified Fan presale AND the Citi Cardholder presale? My goal is to get five total tickets for the concert in Philly. I plan to buy two from the U2.com presale, and three from the Citi presale. Am I able to do this? I want to make sure I don't have my tickets cancelled.

(Mostly) Yes. Mostly.

2 ticket limit in the u2.com presale and 4 ticket limit with the Citi presale.

HOWEVER, you are not allowed to purchase more than 4 tickets per show, per account. TOTAL.

Let's hope your typo doesn't become self fulfilling prophecy.

Lol whoops!! Yeah let's hope!!

I'm almost considering staying home this time. I don't know... the closest shows to me are Chicago and Nashville, both a 6 hour drive. May is a very busy time for me, work wise. And I know, you shouldn't let work dictate your life. And I know that this could potentially be the last chance I get to see them. But I did also just see them twice in 2015 and twice in 2017, and really even twice in 2011 doesn't feel that long ago.

ARGH, I AM TORN!!! Why can't they be like literally every other band and at least come SOMEWHERE in Ohio!!!! The JT Tour surely spoiled me, but I didn't like that show nearly as much as the I&E show.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom