New Pre-Sale System Coming (And it sucks)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your a u2.com member using the pre sale code can the same member use a different pre sale code gained through pre ordering the album? For European fans

From what I’ve read the answer is: YES. You get access to another presale but on another day.

Anyone know if GA is credit card entry again? I don't know if the move to Verified Fan means the tickets are tied to the purchaser or if they're now allowing physical tickets.

I really miss having stubs to collect! CC entry should come with a little collectible lanyard or something..

Love the stubs too, but dont count on them. 90% sure ‘ticketless’ will continue forward.

My renewal isn’t until Feb 15 2018. U2.com says I’m not a Verified Fan unless I renew by Nov 12 - a full 3 months early??

Anyone covered this already?

Its Bananas. U2.com is making us be paid members until 2019 with this gimmick! 2019! This is insane.

My account says I'm verified, but it keeps asking me to "submit" my number for the SMS thing. I keep hitting submit, it keeps showing with my # and the box checked.

I logged out and in a few times, I can't tell if it accepted it and will just keep showing "submit" until the end of days, or what.

Make sure your country code is set! That kept me guessing for 2 tries

I think you will be fine in the US, i dont think most shows will sell out very quickly next year.

The JT tour just wrapped up and had 2 legs in the US so the market for U2 shows are quite saturated as it is already.

The shows that will sell out day one is like Boston, Chicago and NYC.

But places like Tulsa, St Louis, Las Vegas, Nashville.. will sell quite slow i think.

Make sure your country code is set! That kept me guessing for 2 tries

You mean where you put the phone number in? I have that set plus the name of the country in the address line, but I still get the same submit button with all the info. Still, I got all the E-mails which confirm I'm set up for this so I think its ok.

The submit button doesn't go away, even after you're all set.

Renewed 3 months early, but if it gets me a pair of GA in the presale its a worthwhile investment.

It would not be hard for them to make it a 4 ticket limit though and use them how you want. Alll four for one show or split them up. It's the presale for fans who have been signed up since at least 2005. The general public should be able to get tickets but it's not like the entire presale fanbase would scoop up all the tickets at the Tulsa or Nashville or Atlanta shows. If the ticket limit was 4 it's not like we're gonna take all the floor seats in St. Louis. I'd just like the option of bringing someone to two shows. I just think for what we pay annually limiting us to 2 in the presale is bunk, when those in the general sale can buy 4.

It's not the biggest deal I just feel we should have the opportunity to get 4 tickets total in the presale

At least we still have the general sale.

Actually its the pre-sale for anyone registered prior to December 2016 placing them in the first group. I wish there was an exclusive group for people registered since 2005 but there is not. Someone who registered for the first time ever in November 2016 is in the same group as someone who has been continuously registered since January 2005. Then anyone who registers today or before the 14th gets into the presale only one day after us.

You have to be careful with the Pre-sales. Back in 2005 I did not do the Pre-sale for the first Philadelphia show because I did not like the tickets I was getting. I decided I would have better luck in the general sale. But right at 10:00 AM as tickets went on sale, the entire show as soldout. McGuinness later confirmed that they let all the tickets for that first Philadelphia show be sold during the pre-sale. Thats how strong demand can be.

I expect the floor of every arena show to sellout in the pre-sale. They may specifically hold back some GA's for the general sale, but not many and your chances of getting them will be even less in the general sale.

I am concerned do to the much smaller number of tickets that the General Admission tickets could sell out so fast that some people in the pre-sale might not get any. If the ticket limit was 4, that would definitely happen. It would take less than 500 purchases to sellout the floor.

Stadiums is always a more relaxed situation in getting tickets you want. When they do Arenas, things get more difficult because the supply of tickets is so much smaller and that is why I think the ticket limit is reduced for the Pre-sale.

I think you will be fine in the US, i dont think most shows will sell out very quickly next year.

The JT tour just wrapped up and had 2 legs in the US so the market for U2 shows are quite saturated as it is already.

The shows that will sell out day one is like Boston, Chicago and NYC.

But places like Tulsa, St Louis, Las Vegas, Nashville.. will sell quite slow i think.

Although remember that Tulsa, St. Louis, Las Vegas and Nashville did not get Joshua Tree shows, so they may sellout quickly as well.

The way I read the tour faq is that you have to pre-register through the Ticketmaster Verified Fan process for the public onsale November 20th as well. Does any one know if I have already verified through my fan club membership can I even participate in the public onsale? Do I need to pre-register a second time? What if I want to go to three shows?

The way I read the tour faq is that you have to pre-register through the Ticketmaster Verified Fan process for the public onsale November 20th as well. Does any one know if I have already verified through my fan club membership can I even participate in the public onsale? Do I need to pre-register a second time? What if I want to go to three shows?

I'm a bit confused myself, although if anything, I might stick to the U2.com thing if it's not clarified before then.

I'm a bit confused myself, although if anything, I might stick to the U2.com thing if it's not clarified before then.

The problem is I want to go to three shows. I should hopefully be able to get 2 of the three show through the fan club. But I’m worried if I don’t pre-register for the public sale, I won’t get a access code and not be able to even try for the third show. This is very confusing (and frustrating lol).

My substription is valid until 04 january 2018.

Does anyone know how/where I can see since when I am a paid member? (not sure if I extended in tiime last year or made membership pass before paying again).

And do I need to renew within a few weeks to be able to join the presale or can I wait till January? (for having chance getting European tickets).

I verified separately through Ticketmaster for the general on sale.
You have to do this for each specific show you want to try and purchase.
I assume being in the u2.com presale and the general on sale are mutually exclusive. You should be able to participate in the public sale regardless of your participation in presale. Odds of being "verified" will be lower in the public on sale however.

Thought it may be helpful for folks to see how the verified texts look like the morning of the presale.

yYreHnm.jpg

I verified separately through Ticketmaster for the general on sale.

You have to do this for each specific show you want to try and purchase.

I assume being in the u2.com presale and the general on sale are mutually exclusive. You should be able to participate in the public sale regardless of your participation in presale. Odds of being "verified" will be lower in the public on sale however.

Thanks!

Okay so I'll be a new subscriber in order to do the Verified Fan thing. Does anybody know if I'll get this mystery gift at the end of this year? The wording on U2.com says "we’re working on one special music surprise for renewing subscribers before the end of this year." Does that not include new subscribers?

It's odd that the album pre-order lists Denmark and so on but not Sweden. It's not a huge deal if i have to go to Copenhagen instead of Stockholm since it's pretty much the same distance for me.

But Copenhagen doesnt have the same type of big indoor arenas as Stockholm afaik. But so far it seems they are skipping Sweden over Denmark for the Experience tour..

Okay so I'll be a new subscriber in order to do the Verified Fan thing. Does anybody know if I'll get this mystery gift at the end of this year? The wording on U2.com says "we’re working on one special music surprise for renewing subscribers before the end of this year." Does that not include new subscribers?
I assume that is just access to some exclusive content they will be putting on the site from how its worded, in which case I would think any currently enrolled subscriber would have access. (Purely a guess on my part)

Not sure, I read it as that if you renewed you will get what ever that is. Could be totally wrong though

I have seen the new set up and it is essentially the same as 2015 except there are two red zones now.

I'm so happy to hear this. I loved that set up...awesome view from pretty much anywhere except on the ends. Where did you see this posted? Ticketmaster has the generic seating chart up for my city, but I did see other cities had the SOI setup.

I'm so happy to hear this. I loved that set up...awesome view from pretty much anywhere except on the ends. Where did you see this posted? Ticketmaster has the generic seating chart up for my city, but I did see other cities had the SOI setup.

It was posted in one of the other forums on this site. "Where The album has no name" forum in the SOE thread 30 I think. Pretty long thread though with 1,200 post. Probably around 80 pages or so, but I don't remember which page.

It was posted in one of the other forums on this site. "Where The album has no name" forum in the SOE thread 30 I think. Pretty long thread though with 1,200 post. Probably around 80 pages or so, but I don't remember which page.

thx!!

Questions about presale, hope anyone can help:

* Where do I see on u2.com since when I am a paid member.
* If I am member since before Nov 2016, that puts me in the first presale group if I'm right (under conditions I extend membership)
* If I preorder the album before Nov 30, I also get early access to the European shows? What is then the need to extend membership u2.com?
* ? And if I buy a ticket for the tour, I'll get a copy of the album (according to u2gigs.com)....but probably I already preordered an album in order to get chance on tickets?
* In any case, to get tickets I need to bedome verified fan member ?

...complicated...why cannot I line up in thhe cold in front of a postal office at 2 AM in order to get the tickets guaranteed ?...good old days...

* If I preorder the album before Nov 30, I also get early access to the European shows? What is then the need to extend membership u2.com?

I think on this one, paid U2.com subscriber presale is first, then a separate presale on a later date if you pre-order, then finally general on sale.

* Where do I see on u2.com since when I am a paid member.

If you are a member, go to your "Account Info" page on the pull-down menu on the upper right hand side of the U2.com page once you're logged in. On your "User Information" profile on the upper left hand side of the page, it should clearly say the status and expiration date of your membership.

* If I am member since before Nov 2016, that puts me in the first presale group if I'm right (under conditions I extend membership)

If you have been a member without an subscription break from Nov 2016 to present day with a renewed/extended membership, yes you should be eligible for the first presale group.

The pre-order of the album and pre-sale access codes deal seems to apply *only* to European U2.com member residents. That needs to be clarified by U2.com, but I bet that NA residents will not be able to take advantage of that offer. Otherwise, the need to extend your membership is solely to be in the first group(s) of U2.com presales which will happen before any of the other presales (Citi, TMverified fan, etc).

* ? And if I buy a ticket for the tour, I'll get a copy of the album (according to u2gigs.com)....but probably I already preordered an album in order to get chance on tickets?

Yes, you will get one "standard" CD copy of the album per one ticket bought. A lot of people are going to wind up with a lot of copies of this album.

* In any case, to get tickets I need to bedome verified fan member ?

No, but to get first choice of tickets, yes, you need to be a U2.com Verified Fan member. If you must have Red Zone or the best reserved seats and probably even regular floor GA, I would highly recommend jumping through the hoops to get in the U2.com presale.

I'm sure there will be some seats, maybe some GAs available during the regular on-sale dates but even factoring in the band's questionable over-saturation after this year's stadium tour, I still think most of the NA arena dates will sell out quickly. Also bear in mind U2 traditionally has small ticket drops on Ticketmaster in the week before show dates, often very good seats and GA.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom