New Pre-Sale System Coming (And it sucks)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the updates, everyone. I am really upset about the 2-ticket limit. I guess I won't be able to take my two 10-year-old daughters to see U2 again, as I did during the Joshua Tree tour & got to introduce them to the GA experience. I can't imagine what I'm going to tell them.... :sad:

2 ticket limit was the same for I&E. Seems to be standard for arena shows, and 4 ticket limit for stadiums, considering how many more seats/floor space there is.

My accounts saying that I have to verify with my ticketmaster North American account but I'm from the uk and don't have a North American ticketmaster account. Do I just ignore this cause I'll be booking European tickets or do I have to verify my account?

Wow, I had no idea -- I'm a long-time fan but now in a brand-new stage of being able to bring my kids. How do others handle the two-ticket limit? (Or should this be another thread? Sorry if so!!!)

Well, you buy two tickets in the presale ... and then buy others in the general sale. ;)

I don't know how else one could "handle" it! :)

I'm going for Nashville. It's roughly a 6 hour drive for me, it's on a Saturday, and demand probably won't be as high. I doubt I'll even need a presales to score floor tickets.

They can take their verified fan, 2 ticket limit presales and shove it.

Anyone know if GA is credit card entry again? I don't know if the move to Verified Fan means the tickets are tied to the purchaser or if they're now allowing physical tickets.

I really miss having stubs to collect! CC entry should come with a little collectible lanyard or something..

My accounts saying that I have to verify with my ticketmaster North American account but I'm from the uk and don't have a North American ticketmaster account. Do I just ignore this cause I'll be booking European tickets or do I have to verify my account?

If you're not aiming for tickets on the US then you can ignore it. From what I understand European shows will likely not be announced until the new year.

Wow, I had no idea -- I'm a long-time fan but now in a brand-new stage of being able to bring my kids. How do others handle the two-ticket limit? (Or should this be another thread? Sorry if so!!!)

One way might get a friend or another family member to sign up in order to get you the two other tickets you need. The only problem would be the ticketless GA system and then having to take your friend or other families credit card in order to get the other two people into the show.

I'm going for Nashville. It's roughly a 6 hour drive for me, it's on a Saturday, and demand probably won't be as high. I doubt I'll even need a presales to score floor tickets.

They can take their verified fan, 2 ticket limit presales and shove it.

Careful. Last time they played Nashville it was in a stadium to 45,000+ fans. This is going to be a Saturday show and only 18,000 available tickets. Don't assume anything will be easy.

Somewhere in the rules it says verified fan is not needed for UK/ Euro shows only US

I don't think they'll be able to use it over here as mercifully not a!l tickets are sold through Ticketbastard.

Depending on the venue it could be AXS, EventIM, TM, FNAC

I'm complete. A "Verified Fan".

One question though, will this process work with an old flip phone? It says you'll receive a link and the access code in a text 2 to 4 hours before presales. I can receive all that, but I won't be able to click on the link through the phone. I'll have to manually type it into my laptop and then go from there. Will that work or do you actually have to have an I-phone?

I think it's kind of crappy how they're basically making a huge majority of "fans" buy annual memberships months earlier (in my case too) then they otherwise would need to to be eligible for the upcoming NA tour onsale. I picked up only one ticket for the Joshua Tree tour this year (a Red Zone tix to boot!) and won't make that mistake again for the 2018 tour, especially since it looks like major cities will get multiple dates like here in LA which is likely getting 3 shows minimum.

I'm skeptical about the "Verified Fan Member" bs as well. At least it doesn't seem like the kind of idiocy where one has to whore the band on social media and buy tons of their crap to qualify for decent tickets but it stills seems like a gimmick to harvest personal info. I've been a fanclub member dating back to the Propaganda days at the tail end of the ZooTV tour and they seem to be making it less attractive every tour to keep being a member despite the annual gift.

One thing I noticed from seating charts is this tour looks like it will have a typical end stage setup, not something like the 2015 tour with a long stage and screen that basically bisected arena floors down the middle.

Finally, I'm confused where it's supposed to show on my account if I'm in the Innocence or Experience presale group. It doesn't show the info on my "Account Info" page which I presume is also my "Profile" page.

Are you verified or registered? I registered, but the way I read it is that you won't find out if you are verified until the morning the tickets go on sale.

I've been registered continuously since early 2005. So I simply had to renew early, today, for 2018. My setup is COMPLETE. That means you are a verified fan, because ONLY verified fans can receive the text message on November 14 with their link and access code. The setup is complete and there are no instructions to do anything else. You just wait for that text on November 14. So my understanding is that if the setup is COMPLETE, then you are verified fan because only a verified fan can receive the text.

I think it's kind of crappy how they're basically making a huge majority of "fans" buy annual memberships months earlier (in my case too) then they otherwise would need to to be eligible for the upcoming NA tour onsale. I picked up only one ticket for the Joshua Tree tour this year (a Red Zone tix to boot!) and won't make that mistake again for the 2018 tour, especially since it looks like major cities will get multiple dates like here in LA which is likely getting 3 shows minimum.

I'm skeptical about the "Verified Fan Member" bs as well. At least it doesn't seem like the kind of idiocy where one has to whore the band on social media and buy tons of their crap to qualify for decent tickets but it stills seems like a gimmick to harvest personal info. I've been a fanclub member dating back to the Propaganda days at the tail end of the ZooTV tour and they seem to be making it less attractive every tour to keep being a member despite the annual gift.

One thing I noticed from seating charts is this tour looks like it will have a typical end stage setup, not something like the 2015 tour with a long stage and screen that basically bisected arena floors down the middle.

Finally, I'm confused where it's supposed to show on my account if I'm in the Innocence or Experience presale group. It doesn't show the info on my "Account Info" page which I presume is also my "Profile" page.

The Text will have the info on what group you are in probably. As long as you were a paid up member prior to December 24, 2016 then you will be in the Experience group, or the first group.

Several maps of arenas show that the floor will be the same as the 2015 show except there will be TWO red zones instead of just one.

I think this should all flow easily especially if you have always been an annual subscriber since 2005. The only new hassle is that you have use your cell phone now in the process of buying tickets, which for 90% of people is probably no big deal.

I've been trying to figure it out and for some reason either missed it or it just doesn't say but how many tickets are we allowed with our presale code once we get them? I'm assuming 4 but not sure if it will be 4 total or 4 per show?

I think this should all flow easily especially if you have always been an annual subscriber since 2005. The only new hassle is that you have use your cell phone now in the process of buying tickets, which for 90% of people is probably no big deal.
HOLD ON A SECOND!!!

We need to use a cell phone to purchase tickets? So if you're the type who has always his entire life only used a flip phone you're SOL? I was under the impression a code would be text to your phone and you could still buy tickets from a PC using the code you received in the text message?

I've been trying to figure it out and for some reason either missed it or it just doesn't say but how many tickets are we allowed with our presale code once we get them? I'm assuming 4 but not sure if it will be 4 total or 4 per show?

Stadium tours have recently had a 4 ticket limit, arena tours 2 total per preaale code.

HOLD ON A SECOND!!!

We need to use a cell phone to purchase tickets? So if you're the type who has always his entire life only used a flip phone you're SOL? I was under the impression a code would be text to your phone and you could still buy tickets from a PC using the code you received in the text message?

I have used Verified Fan codes on a PC by either typing it in the box or copying it to a Google Keep note and copy/pasting from there.

HOLD ON A SECOND!!!

I also have an old-timey phone, so I’m a little worried about this. :uhoh:

The rest of the process seemed to go OK. I linked my Ticketmaster account, selected a country code, and checked the box that says I want to get SMS messages. It says it’s complete. Is that all we need to do?

I just renewed my membership in June and it doesn’t say that I need to do it again at this point.

Stadium tours have recently had a 4 ticket limit, arena tours 2 total per preaale code.

Ugh. I'm really starting to feel the membership is a rip off. The only reason I keep it going is so I can get presale codes but limited to one show with a friend or two shows alone sucks. It should be four tickets total so the "verified fans" can at least get first crack at two shows with a guest.

Its 2. You can buy one ticket for yourself and a guest to ONE show, or two, for you alone, for two different shows.

HOLD ON A SECOND!!!

Well, you need a cell phone so they can text you the link and access code for buying tickets on the 14th. A Flip phone is what I have and it should be fine unless you have to click on the link from the phone which I don't think is the case. You should be able to just copy the link into your computer and then enter the access code. The only requirement was a phone that could receive SMS messages, so I think anyone with a flip phone should be fine.

I also have an old-timey phone, so I’m a little worried about this. :uhoh:

The rest of the process seemed to go OK. I linked my Ticketmaster account, selected a country code, and checked the box that says I want to get SMS messages. It says it’s complete. Is that all we need to do?

I just renewed my membership in June and it doesn’t say that I need to do it again at this point.

As long as it says COMPLETE then you should be good to go.

Ugh. I'm really starting to feel the membership is a rip off. The only reason I keep it going is so I can get presale codes but limited to one show with a friend or two shows alone sucks. It should be four tickets total so the "verified fans" can at least get first crack at two shows with a guest.

It will be tougher to get the GA/floor tickets because these shows are in 18,000 seat arenas. I think there is space for less than 2,000 people on the floor. It will be hard enough to get those tickets as it is, and a higher ticket limit of four would make it even tougher.

If you want to go to two shows with another person then I think your guest should sign up and get their own tickets. That is what I'm going to to tell my friends to do.

Where have you seen seating charts? I haven't seen anything other than standard, generic stadium charts published by the arena/stadium, which typically don't account for a band's stage. Have you seen what the stage/catwalk is going to look like this tour?

Where have you seen seating charts? I haven't seen anything other than standard, generic stadium charts published by the arena/stadium, which typically don't account for a band's stage. Have you seen what the stage/catwalk is going to look like this tour?

I have seen the new set up and it is essentially the same as 2015 except there are two red zones now.

Its 2. You can buy one ticket for yourself and a guest to ONE show, or two, for you alone, for two different shows.

It will be tougher to get the GA/floor tickets because these shows are in 18,000 seat arenas. I think there is space for less than 2,000 people on the floor. It will be hard enough to get those tickets as it is, and a higher ticket limit of four would make it even tougher.

If you want to go to two shows with another person then I think your guest should sign up and get their own tickets. That is what I'm going to to tell my friends to do.
It would not be hard for them to make it a 4 ticket limit though and use them how you want. Alll four for one show or split them up. It's the presale for fans who have been signed up since at least 2005. The general public should be able to get tickets but it's not like the entire presale fanbase would scoop up all the tickets at the Tulsa or Nashville or Atlanta shows. If the ticket limit was 4 it's not like we're gonna take all the floor seats in St. Louis. I'd just like the option of bringing someone to two shows. I just think for what we pay annually limiting us to 2 in the presale is bunk, when those in the general sale can buy 4.

It's not the biggest deal I just feel we should have the opportunity to get 4 tickets total in the presale

At least we still have the general sale.

Back
Top Bottom