New Pre-Sale System Coming (And it sucks)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Question: I got a confirmation email from Wells Fargo and was able to print my tickets without any problem. Yet, my Ticketmaster account is not showing that I have made any recent orders. Is this normal? Will it show up later? Any help would be appreciated.

I actually think there are fewer tickets on StubHub than normal. Usually there are thousands upon thousands of seats there immediately.

Not saying that's worth what seems to have been a bad experience for many here... but hopefully they're onto something that simply needs some tweaking.

There's literally half a year before the shows so I think looking at what's on Stubhub on only the 2nd day's worth of presales is a poor gauge of what percentage of tickets will eventually make it on to the reseller market. As it stands, right now there's over 100 tickets available just for GA for the LA show on Stubhub.

Well, Wells Fargo's website lists my order. So I think I'm OK. Now that I think about, I did the whole process on Wells Fargo's website, not Ticketmaster's. I thought it was all supposed to be done through Ticketmaster, but I guess not?

There's literally half a year before the shows so I think looking at what's on Stubhub on only the 2nd day's worth of presales is a poor gauge of what percentage of tickets will eventually make it on to the reseller market. As it stands, right now there's over 100 tickets available just for GA for the LA show on Stubhub.

Is it that presale participants are posting their GA tickets on stub hub already?? I don't see any floor seats available under the Innocence presale. And I got in right at 1 p.m. ET.

It's not a poor gauge, as tickets always go on sale months in advance, and on I/E there were thousands of tickets on StubHub the day of the first pre-sale.

There are two prime times for scalpers... When tickets go on sale and people are pissed at missing out, and a week or two prior to the gig.

That it's only 100+ for a high demand show like LA is actually a sign that this is working, at least in the sense of keeping tickets from scalpers.

Last edited:
What on earth?!? (Via Twitter)

u2songs .com‏
@u2songs
Some fans are now reporting to be getting their eXPERIENCE codes just now..!
12:52 PM - 15 Nov 2017

Just got my eXPERIENCE code that I got ripped from yesterday after being confirmed. A little too late U2.com

What on earth?!? (Via Twitter)

u2songs .com‏
@u2songs
Some fans are now reporting to be getting their eXPERIENCE codes just now..!
12:52 PM - 15 Nov 2017

From the Live Nation corporate offices:

Live Nation lackey: "Sir there's hundreds of U2.com members demanding refunds cause we screwed up and didn't send them presale codes"

Live Nation CEO: "Well all the good tickets are spoken for, so send them a code now to show we really care about them and it was just a simple oversight"

I don't often gripe more than a mild complaint about U2 stuff, but the way this subscription nonsense was handled is very disappointing. What a load of bullshit.

It's not a poor gauge, as tickets always go on sale months in advance, and on I/E there were thousands of tickets on StubHub the day of the first pre-sale.

There are thousands of tickets on sale for the tour on Stubhub right now.

That it's only 100+ for a high demand show like LA is actually a sign that this is working, at least in the sense of keeping tickets from scalpers.

That was 100+ for just the floor. There's a *lot* more for the rest of the arena available from Stubhub and other resellers right now and that number is quickly growing.

Facts are facts. This "Verified Fan" gimmick claiming to help avoid ticket resales is absolutely window dressing and not doing a thing to stop or even slow scalping. If U2/Live Nation was serious about putting a crimp on resales, they would have kept the "Ticketless CC Entry" instead of allowing hard tickets and print-at-home PDF tickets which makes it easy and even desirable to resell a ticket.

The idea behind the Verified Fan gimmick is really two-fold.... to get another quick $40 via U2.com memberships ("Hey, renew now even if you're good through next year!") and more importantly, harvest member/buyer personal information for targeted marketing. Remember, you can't buy *any* ticket to this tour without at least having a TM account with a valid CC on file and giving TM your cell phone number. And to get first crack, you gotta link all that info with (unsecured web portal) U2.com who I wouldn't trust with my personal info as far as I could throw 'em.

Congratulations U2, you finally have become The Rolling Stones.... from a business perspective.

There are thousands of tickets on sale for the tour on Stubhub right now.

That was 100+ for just the floor. There's a *lot* more for the rest of the arena available from Stubhub and other resellers right now and that number is quickly growing.

Facts are facts. This "Verified Fan" gimmick claiming to help avoid ticket resales is absolutely window dressing and not doing a thing to stop or even slow scalping. If U2/Live Nation was serious about putting a crimp on resales, they would have kept the "Ticketless CC Entry" instead of allowing hard tickets and print-at-home PDF tickets which makes it easy and even desirable to resell a ticket.

The idea behind the Verified Fan gimmick is really two-fold.... to get another quick $40 via U2.com memberships ("Hey, renew now even if you're good through next year!") and more importantly, harvest member/buyer personal information for targeted marketing. Remember, you can't buy *any* ticket to this tour without at least having a TM account with a valid CC on file and giving TM your cell phone number. And to get first crack, you gotta link all that info with (unsecured web portal) U2.com who I wouldn't trust with my personal info as far as I could throw 'em.

Congratulations U2, you finally have become The Rolling Stones.... from a business perspective.

God why are you making me defend live Nation... I feel dirty.

There are 424 tickets on StubHub for the LA show.

On tours past there would be thousands of tickets available on StubHub alone by now. Nothing will ever stop scalpers.

This clearly is keeping more scalpers out than normal. It is also, apparently, keeping out real fans. As I said... it's doing what they wanted, but needs to be tweaked.

As for the rest... they've been the Stones for a while.

So the interesting thing was trying to buy tickets through ticket master from my computer was a complete shit show. Every time I selected the tix it said someone got them first. in panic mode I used my iphone and got tix no problem. I'm about 10 rows up on Adam's side. Not my first choice but the views for this tour are good from just about anywhere!!

A few entitled asswipes got screwed so maybe not ENTIRELY awful... but seemingly pretty bad.

ja1ubwev_16o4ata_rffe7b.png

Last edited:
is it too soon to say this, but i'm really glad i didn't sign up to u2.com :D

i had the easiest experience of all pre-sales since i started participating in 360. Loved the fact i could choose my seat at MSG. Didn’t like how limited the selections were or the cost of what was available but it went smooth.

With that said, the process was clearly fucked for a lot of people and that sucks! I would be angry too but they will likely add shows and hopefully make those who were screwed while again.

Apparently, some venues that initially sold out of floor GAs had some available this morning for the Citibank presale.

Yeah I don't think a lot of posters realize that these fan club/venue/credit card pre-sales all have their own ticket allotment. Just because GA's sell out in a presale doesn't mean that all GA tickets are gone..

This Buzzfeed article is a pretty good overview of all the complicating factors (including mention of U2's disastrous 2005 ticket presale):
https://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/6-reasons-why-its-so-hard-to-buy-concert-tickets?utm_term=.gtMBLOYd5#.tfpX8aDlW

Their ticket breakdown chart for a Bieber concert is especially illuminating. Out of 14,000 seats at a Nashville arena show, only 1,000 were available in the general on sale..
enhanced-buzz-10789-1361900631-4.jpg

I believe the most you can allocate for fan club is 10% of the total tickets for sale, unless specifically negotiated with each individual arena. That's the number that Pearl Jam always went on with the 10 Club.

There are sponsorship allocations, venue allocations, promotor allocations, band allocations, fan club allocations, season ticket holder allocations, etc. etc.

This is all divided up before a single ticket goes on sale to the general public.

Back
Top Bottom