New INXS Demo...Featuring Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, like others have said, parts of it sound very much like him and parts do not.

I wouldn't be confident to say 100% if it is or not.

Re: the thicker accent thing. We all know that Bono likes to do voice impersonations of people, and play tricks with his voice and shit like that. He's talented at mimicking other styles of speech. Maybe he just wanted to do that for this song. Sort of mimic a different kind of Irish accent.

That's my :twocents:

I don't know.

I'd probably be leaning towards the "it's not Bono" side of the debate if it weren't for that "hand in hand" line near the beginning of the song. Seriously, if it's not him, it's spookily close.

EDIT:
From the description of how and where it was recorded, I thought that maybe the the emphasized accent in the song was the result of a long, boozy evening hanging out with friends.
Yeah, that seems like the most likely explanation if it is him. The letter does describe this as a demo recorded in a lounge room, so it's probably a bit less polished as well.

i've listened to his voice for 20 years now, there is no doubt for me it's him! he sings so in a different way that it isn't obvious for the masses, that's why INXS let people guess. We all should know here, in this forum, that this is Bono! I'm very very disappointed by some who don't think he is... Do you even know the band? LOL

i've listened to his voice for 20 years now, there is no doubt for me it's him! he sings so in a different way that it isn't obvious for the masses, that's why INXS let people guess. We all should know here, in this forum, that this is Bono! I'm very very disappointed by some who don't think he is... Do you even know the band? LOL

This is just as arrogant as those that say it is Bono and that they can't believe anyone would believe that.

I've been listening to U2 just as long(maybe longer :reject:) and studied voice, and I've been able to pick out fake Bono's every time. But this one put me on the fence, leaning towards "not bono".

It has an almost identical deeper tone(which is why the beginning convinces you), but then it has(or lacks) too many characteristics that aren't characteristic to Bono; too much accent, lack of rasp, some odd inflections, and a midtone that we've never heard come from Bono.

IF this is Bono, his band better get him in the studio right away, for he's found an anti-aging serum and you never know how long that shit will last.

It sure sounds like Bono. And I see a lot of people on here completely convinced that it is Bono. The question is whether his voice has been remastered. The INXS web page makes no mention of his voice being remastered. On the other hand, the entire INXS back catalogue has been remastered. Then there was that tweet from U2 insider John Vanderslice "Bono is recording with INXS in the next room!" Maybe when the Amazon listing comes out we'll have more information.

Hopefully U2.com will put out something to quell the whole 'Is it Bono or not" controversy that has U2net on fire. Surely they wouldn't leave us hanging on a question of this importance.

This sounds like a different singer who at time sounds a bit like either Bono or Edge.

It sure sounds like Bono. And I see a lot of people on here completely convinced that it is Bono. The question is whether his voice has been remastered. The INXS web page makes no mention of his voice being remastered. On the other hand, the entire INXS back catalogue has been remastered, and I believe Paul McGuinness said that Bono would be making a song with INXS. Then there was that tweet from U2 insider John Vanderslice "Bono is recording with INXS in the next room!" Maybe when the Amazon listing comes out we'll have more information.

Hopefully U2.com will put out something to quell the whole 'Is it Bono or not" controversy that has U2net on fire. Surely the wouldn't leave us hanging on a question of this importance.

:applaud:

This is just as arrogant as those that say it is Bono and that they can't believe anyone would believe that.

I've been listening to U2 just as long(maybe longer :reject:) and studied voice, and I've been able to pick out fake Bono's every time. But this one put me on the fence, leaning towards "not bono".

It has an almost identical deeper tone(which is why the beginning convinces you), but then it has(or lacks) too many characteristics that aren't characteristic to Bono; too much accent, lack of rasp, some odd inflections, and a midtone that we've never heard come from Bono.

IF this is Bono, his band better get him in the studio right away, for he's found an anti-aging serum and you never know how long that shit will last.

Well said. I think the deeper tone and accent are throwing us. I listened again and am leaning toward not him, but I don't think I have heard another voice as similar if it is NOT him. Even impersonators.

It sure sounds like Bono. And I see a lot of people on here completely convinced that it is Bono. The question is whether his voice has been remastered. The INXS web page makes no mention of his voice being remastered. On the other hand, the entire INXS back catalogue has been remastered. Then there was that tweet from U2 insider John Vanderslice "Bono is recording with INXS in the next room!" Maybe when the Amazon listing comes out we'll have more information.

Hopefully U2.com will put out something to quell the whole 'Is it Bono or not" controversy that has U2net on fire. Surely they wouldn't leave us hanging on a question of this importance.

:lmao:

I'm agreeing with BVS on here. THe beginning threw me off, and I thought that was him. But the rest of the song? No way. I'm leaning towards Not Bono very heavily.

And those suggested it was Edge? Not possible. when they were young they sounded alike, but listen to Numb and Van Diemen's Land, or even his part in Miracle Drug. His voice sounds totally different from Bono's voice. That, and the fact that Edge isn't Irish, should be a 100% not him.

Gorgeous song, but I don't think it's Bono.

Maybe it's Irish singer-songwriter Mundy? I've heard several songs of his that remind me of Bono, although I can't find one on YouTube at the moment that really fits the bill...

Perhaps if this was 1990 I would believe this is Bono. But no, I don't. It sounds like some kind of mix of Bono, Morrisey and Chris Martin. Nice song, and nice vocals, whoever that is.

Only the first few seconds sound like it could be Bono - after that the vocals turn nasal (ala Chris Martin), a quality which is not easy to emulate.

I'm confused. It sounds like mix of Bono and Chris Martin and in the chorus I hear someone who sounds like The Edge :D But no, I don't think it's Bono or Edge. It's someone who sounds a bit like them.

The first part of the song definitely sounds like him and then I'm less and less convinced as it moves on, will be interesting for sure when they reveal it.

Can't read it, but this Spanish site claims it's Rea Garvey:
El mundo INXS en español: Rea Garvey es el cantante irlandés que "conecta" con Andrew Farriss

I looked up another video and he does sound like the voice on Tiny Summer:

Paul van Dyk - Let Go - YouTube

Soo, the question is, do YOU even know this band Nesquick? Still disappointed that we thought it wasn't him, when it actually was not him?

It's a lot nicer when you just state that you think it's him without talking other people down in your post. It can bite you in the arse later.

Gotta love how mtnfox said this a couple of times. :up: Nice shot.

Soo, the question is, do YOU even know this band Nesquick? Still disappointed that we thought it wasn't him, when it actually was not him?

It's a lot nicer when you just state that you think it's him without talking other people down in your post. It can bite you in the arse later.

Gotta love how mtnfox said this a couple of times. :up: Nice shot.

IT IS BONO SINGING! My God i can't believe what i'm reading here!
I've listened to "let go" by Rae something...... and what? Others talk about Chris Martin...... My God...
That is he first time in my life that i'm feeling a superiority complex!! I feel sad too... for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom