New INXS Demo...Featuring Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's the mother in me, but I want to take a bunch of you from this thread (from *both* sides of the debate) and put you into time out to think about what you've done. :wink: It's only a song, for chrissakes. Something that should be fun to speculate about. It's not a life and death matter worthy of such vociferous arguing.

I can see similarities between this song and that Rea Garvey guy - sounds like it could be him doing his best Bono impersonation. The one thing I noticed though is that in the few songs of his I found on You Tube, when he pronounces the phoneme "th," it comes out as a hard "t" sound, as if does for many Irish people with a strong accent. In the INXS song, the singer doesn't do that.

eta - you can hear what I'm talking about pretty distinctly in this, his version of Hallelujah.

hallelujah - rea garvey - YouTube

Hmm. That does NOT sound like the singer of Tiny Summer.

I was thinking that the singer of The Arctic Monkeys/The Last Shadow Puppets sounds like this mystery guy - but he's English, right?

I was thinking that the singer of The Arctic Monkeys/The Last Shadow Puppets sounds like this mystery guy - but he's English, right?

He's English as fuck. From Sheffield. And he doesn't sound anything like the singer of the INXS song.

nesquick said:
I don't need confirmation, i have confidence in me, i know it's Bono singing on this demo. i trust my ears and nothing else. Just sad to see there is a lot of morons around here, more than i thought, and i hope some cleaning on this forum once the truth in known... INXS has been lucky on this one here, we are talking a bit of them again. I hope Bono and The Edge are agree to make them publicity!

:lmao:

between the bickering, the name calling, and the fact that it's been confirmed now that it isn't bono, i'd say this discussion is done.

should anyone wish to discuss this further you may do so in B&C, not here. and any arguing and drama from here cannot carry over into that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom