new details on Slane 2001?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
i have never noticed from dvd, until watching this new clip, U2 Play Slane 2001 - RT? Archives that the Slane stage actually had (many) fans watching from the sides. Obviously the camera men (or dvd editors) purposly did not expose this on the dvd filming (or maybe they did, and I just havent noticed the clip).

Are there any first-hand stories/details/pictures from people that were actually there? Im always intrigued to hear insight about special shows like this

Yeahhh, the first clip is from the first show, on August 25th. It was still light when they came onstage, as opposed to the second gig, which was obviously filmed for DVD.

The show in the RTE clips is the first show from slane, and the DVD is the second. That may explain it a bit as well?

Though there are multiple angles on the DVD taken from the first night.

I haven't watched it in years, but I recall it being especially obvious during Streets that they were cutting between footage from both nights.

It won't be long before the next tours DVD comes out and there is footage of 11 O'Clock Tick Tock from 1983 thrown over Glastonbury or whatever the new single will be called.

U2 will try to appease hardcore fans by including Exit from Rattle and Hum randomly in the middle of the DVD of the Trying to Outdo ZooTV and 360 Tour. "They'll never notice that it's from 1987 rather than this year!"

Back
Top Bottom