My U2 Song Chart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jphelmet

Refugee
Was working on this for a week or so, when i was bored at work. I thought of plotting songs this way, when people kept comparing vetigo, and goyb. are they that similar? not really.

This graph is overly simplified, and is very subjective. You really only have two ways of ratings songs to put them on here. Are they experiental or radio ready- pop, and are they a rock song or mellos. I also didn't spend a lot of time deciding what songs should go where, so many won't see it this way.

Overall, its kind of interesting for what songs go will together, and for comparison.

U2SongChart-Model.jpg

There's some odd ones...."Dirty Day" should be moved further on the experimental side and dropped much lower in the rock category.....and I don't think the two War classics actually fit in with the rest of the mid-tempo rockers in the middle. Pretty good system though.

its pretty subjective, and i did this very quickly. i also thought of even better, as one of u2's most blatant pop songs, up to that point. maybe more so lyrically. its hard because i think they have made several somewhat experimental pop songs. with this simple of a way to chart them, some are hard to place (like Do you Feel Loved).

dirty day, you are probably right especially the studio cut. when i put i did this, i had the live version in mind, which is a more rocking version that loses some of the subtly from the album.

This is a very interesting idea! I like it.
Agreeing with intedomine though, I would have put EBTTRT a bit more on the experimental side rather than pop.

Back
Top Bottom