Most played U2 song in your iTunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I barely listen to music on my laptop. Will plug in my ipod tomorrow, though I already know the most played song. :wink: NLOTH2 about 1005 times.

Mine is "Get On Your Boots" with something close to 100 plays. During that month or so stretch where it was the only new U2 music we had, I played the shit out of it. It being the new, exciting lead single and all that. I think I tried to force myself to like it a bit more than I did, you know? Because I wasn't completely over the moon about it, and really wanted to be.

I still like the track. It's one of my favorites on the album. I particularly like the sentiment of the line "you don't know how beautiful you are..." but I do still feel that, overall, it's probably the weakest lead single of the band's career.

Mine is "Get On Your Boots" with something close to 100 plays. During that month or so stretch where it was the only new U2 music we had, I played the shit out of it. It being the new, exciting lead single and all that. I think I tried to force myself to like it a bit more than I did, you know? Because I wasn't completely over the moon about it, and really wanted to be.

I still like the track. It's one of my favorites on the album. I particularly like the sentiment of the line "you don't know how beautiful you are..." but I do still feel that, overall, it's probably the weakest lead single of the band's career.

Yeah my playcount was pretty super high on that one too. It probably would have been my #1 way ahead of Soon had I not lost the playcounts.

This is only since June 2009, which is when I got my new computer:

Magnificent - 29

On last.fm, my top track is Running To Stand Still with 31 plays. (Not counting my iPod, I don't sync it to my last.fm account)

Rise Up- 147

:huh: :lol:

This was since I had to reinstall iTunes sometime last year though. Before that it was In God's Country at about 160.

NLOTH2 misses a bit as I also have 200-something plays on my laptop. And I had one song tacked onto the end of NLOTH, and the other was the single version.:wink: Can't say the results surprise me, though I expected more Muse. Most of theirs are around 20.
playlistz.png

I'm not gonna post my most played page of iTunes. It's pretty embarrassing.:reject:

"Breathe," 37 times, followed by five more NLOTH songs, and then "Last Night On Earth." That's a surprise. My iTunes is almost always on shuffle, so I don't know if that makes any difference with this or not.

The First Time (Reprise) - 112
With or Without You (Vitamin String Quartet) - 66
Love You Like Mad - 64
4th July (Alternate Version) - 62
Bass Trap - 59

I listen to a lot of music at night when writing, with mood music in the background. Hence the instrumental stuff. No clue why "Love You Like Mad" is so high though.

no line on the horizon 2 at 90 something plays.

since i got a new laptop not long before no line on the horizon was released i don't have a very fair count because everything was reset and obviously listened to the new album more than anything else they released after it came out, so the highest song after anything from no line on the horizon is:

a sort of homecoming at 25.

i don't listen to stuff on my laptop (seeing as there's hardly any music on it) so my desktop computer would have the accurate count. seeing as it's currently on the other side of the world, last.fm will have to do. it'd be the same count anyway as i've had last.fm longer than the desktop actually.

ready?

seconds. yep, the song off war. a whopping 48 times, too. it's #238 on my song charts. yikes. for the hell of it, here's my u2 top 12:

1. seconds: 48
2. october: 47
3. the unforgettable fire: 46
4. a day without me: 45
5. i fall down: 44
6. i will follow: 43
= i threw a brick through a window: 43
= gloria: 43
9. pride (in the name of love): 42
= promenade: 42
11. mofo: 40
= elvis presley and america: 40

if anyone's really curious about my overall charts, the link's in my sig.

From my last.fm with 47,004 plays since October 2005 (inc. iPod scrobbling):

Get On Your Boots - 254
Magnificent - 209
Gone - 168
No Line on The Horizon 2 - 156
Vertigo - 127
Beautiful Day - 126
Mysterious Ways - 119
The Fly - 111
Even Better That The Real Thing - 97
Some Days Are Better Than Others - 93

Edited to say that isn't my top 10 U2 tracks, which I find kind of curious. Does anybody else's most listened reflect their actual likes?

Back
Top Bottom