most badass u2 moment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The most "badass" moment that comes to mind for me is the beginning Zoo Station during the ZooTV tour where Bono appears in front of the TV Screens and does his little goose step routine. I'm one of those "U2 could do no wrong during Achtung Baby" people though. :reject:

The change from 80's U2 to Zoo TV/PopMart was pretty badass. Even the return back from 90's U2 to the Elevation tour is pretty badass in itself.

I think Bono's triumphant return to the stage after back surgery, decked out in the black leather and biker boots, throwing punches and dancing a victory lap, qualifies. :up:

When I was younger, I would have said it was the "Fuck the revolution" speech.

I don't know, though. I haven't watched that thing in years.

Honestly, "most badass U2 moment" is probably something Adam did in the early '90s that we don't even know about.

This is the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title. I saw that shit when it aired live and I just about punched the ceiling with joy.

It's not so much the swearing, but also because the band's most out-there album was actually recognized on national TV with an award. While many watching at home didn't understand why they were in the alternative category, the album was easily more worthy of that description than anything else it was up against (think of the classic rock sound of Smashing Pumpkins, for example). And to dilute that WTF reaction, Boner vows to push the envelope even further, something that (for once) he was actually not lying about. With Passengers and Pop, and I guess M$H, the band did try to fuck up the mainstream for a good 5 years or so.

And that's pretty badass to me.

paris_02.jpg

The start of the PopMart shows, with Adam in the orange radioactive suit, Edge as the cartoon cowboy and Bono chewing up the stage as the prizefighter. Totally Badass.

In the 80s, getting the producers of their own choice for UF.

In the early 90's, staying together despite themselves.

In the 00's, touring stadiums, in a huge recession, without anything resembling a hit single, with the biggest tour of their lives (actually make that biggest tour ever).

I think Bono's triumphant return to the stage after back surgery, decked out in the black leather and biker boots, throwing punches and dancing a victory lap, qualifies. :up:
:up: :up: :up: :up:
I realize it completely overlooks their entire history (being that it only occurred this past fall) but I have to agree this was the first thing that came to mind for me.

Then again, I am a bit fixated on the leather...... :silent: :D

The most badass moment in U2's history began during The Hype's first rehearsal in 1976 and continues to this day.

Back
Top Bottom