Mini Census

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toshman

Babyface
Im so bored at work so came up with a little census for the remainder of the day.

What album do you think has the best three songs in a row? I would go for The Unforgettable Fire with Wire, The Unforgettable Fire and Promenade. You can only choose one album or I will get very :mac:

I know its totally pointless but im at the point of starting to talk to myself now :huh:

Streets - I still haven't found... - WOWY.

Also Magnificent - MOS - Uknown caller.

only two replies in and people are already ignoring the rules :wink:

Ultraviolet - Acrobat - Love Is Blindness

Achtung Baby: Until the End of the World - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - So Cruel
The Joshua Tree: With or Without You - Bullet the Blue Sky - Running to Stand Still
Rattle & Hum: Van Diemen's Land - Desire - Hawkmoon 269
Zooropa: Lemon - Stay (Faraway, So Close!) - Daddy's Gonnna Pay for Your Crashed Car - Some Days Are Better Than Others - The First Time - Dirty Day (divide as you prefer)
Pop: Do You Feel Loved - MOFO - If God Will Send His Angels - Staring at the Sun // Gone - Miami - The Playboy Mansion - If You Wear That Velvet Dress (divide as you prefer)
All That You Can't Leave Behind: Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out Of - Elevation - Walk On - Kite (divide as you prefer)
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb: Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own - Love and Peace or Else - City of Blinding Lights // Crumbs from Your Table - One Step Closer - Original of the Species
No Line on the Horizon: No Line on the Horizon - Magnificent - Moment of Surrender - Unknown Caller - I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight - Get on Your Boots - Stand Up Comedy - Fez-Being Born - White as Snow - Breathe (divide it the way you prefer)

The opening three of Pop: Discotheque - Do You Feel Loved - Mofo

EPIC brilliance. :drool:

No Line on the Horizon: No Line on the Horizon - Magnificent - Moment of Surrender - Unknown Caller - I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight - Get on Your Boots - Stand Up Comedy - Fez-Being Born - White as Snow - Breathe (divide it the way you prefer)

What about COL? It's honestly one of the best on the album.

1) Beautiful Day... Stuck In A Moment... Elevation
2) Kite... In A Little While... Wild Honey (yes, I'm serious)
3) Mofo... If God Will Send His Angels... Staring At The Sun
4) White As Snow... Breathe... Cedars Of Lebanon
5) Streets... ISHFWILF... With Or Without You

Opening 3 of JT, last 3 of JT, Mag--MOS--UC on NLOTH, last 3 on AB, last 3 on NLOTH, SBS--Seconds--NYD on War, Numb--Lemon--Stay on Zooropa... this is impossible.

SATS, LNOE, Gone

This has to be my favorite. :up:

Per album:

ADWM - ATAP - The Electric Co.
Rejoice - Fire - Tomorrow
NYD - LAS - Drowning Man
ASOH - Pride - Wire
Streets-SHF-WOWY
One - UTEOTW - WGRYWH
Lemon - Stay - DGPFYCC
Elevation - Walk On - Kite
LAPOE - COBL - ABOY
Fez - WAS - Breathe

I am not sure what my favorite 3 song stretch is, but I do like:

New Year's Day - Like A Song - Drowning Man
One Tree Hill - Exit - Mothers of the Disappeared, and from the same album Running to Stand Still - Red Hill Mining Town - In God's Country
A Sort of Homecoming - Pride - Wire (Add UF and you easily have my favorite 4 song stretch)
A Day Without Me - Another Time Another Place - Electric Co

And, I'll be alone here but the first three from October, Gloria - I Fall Down - I Threw a Brick Through a Window

1. Running To Stand Still/Red Hill Mining Town/In God's Country
2. No Line On The Horizon/Magnificent/Moment Of Surrender
3. If You Wear That Velvet Dress/Please/Wake Up Dead Man

Streets-SHF-WOWY is it, I would think rather easily but that's not a very 'fun' choice.

Ultraviolet-Acrobat-LIB or maybe Numb-Lemon-Stay (I like Numb well enough but I worship Lemon as if it made my DNA) Also, I know it's essentially still brand new, but a combination of the first 4 from NLOTH could make a list of my favorite trios.

Another one that is probably under-appreciated is VDL, Desire and Hawkmoon.
And finally, to make a top 5 (in whatever order) I'd say Disco-DYFL-Mofo.

I would almost choose something from War, but it's hard to find 3 (NYD-Like a Song-Drowning Man) would be the closest, although I am not in love with LAS, it's a good song though. I couldn't find one for TUF, a combination of the opening 4, ASOH, Pride, Wire, and TUF would be it but I am just so sick of Pride. Don't get me wrong, the album version might be one of the 5 best songs they've ever captured in the studio but all those sluggish live versions have soured me on it.

Streets-SHF-WOWY is it, I would think rather easily but that's not a very 'fun' choice.

Ultraviolet-Acrobat-LIB or maybe Numb-Lemon-Stay (I like Numb well enough but I worship Lemon as if it made my DNA) Also, I know it's essentially still brand new, but a combination of the first 4 from NLOTH could make a list of my favorite trios.

Another one that is probably under-appreciated is VDL, Desire and Hawkmoon.
And finally, to make a top 5 (in whatever order) I'd say Disco-DYFL-Mofo.

I would almost choose something from War, but it's hard to find 3 (NYD-Like a Song-Drowning Man) would be the closest, although I am not in love with LAS, it's a good song though. I couldn't find one for TUF, a combination of the opening 4, ASOH, Pride, Wire, and TUF would be it but I am just so sick of Pride. Don't get me wrong, the album version might be one of the 5 best songs they've ever captured in the studio but all those sluggish live versions have soured me on it.

I see by your avatar that you think we owe you awe.

Back
Top Bottom