Mikal, why do you love FEZ-BEING BORN so much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Now here's your chance to explain exactly why it should've been a write-in to the Survivor Showdown!

cornflakes.gif
I've always wanted to know this!

It is indeed a pressing question of this modern age, people!

i'll try to write this post without getting emotional, but i must admit, it's going to be very hard.

when i was a young boy, my dad once said to me, "son, i think you're finally old enough to try coffee". at first, i was disgusted and felt ackward as many adolescents do. but that all changed after my first swig. even though i shouldn't have drank it so fast, i knew that my dad was on to something. for the first time, i realized that my dad truly loved me.

that's why i love Fez-Being Born so much. it brings me back to that day.

oh, and by the way, it's the most innovative song U2 has recorded since Mofo. it's the song i always wanted them to write.....almost like it had been written in 1984 and the band finally decided to record it.

for the first time, i realized that my dad truly loved me.

that's why i love Fez-Being Born so much. it brings me back to that day.

A good man, Mikal. I always stood behind Fez/BB during the NLOTH survivor threads, and I loved getting your :up:s after I waxed poetic about how great a song it is.

I'll work on a longer post later, but I think Fez/BB joins a small number of other key tracks (including Promenade, in my eyes) that expose a divide between two types of U2 fans--

those whose love of U2 is rooted in the songwriting and emotional evocations that songs like WOWY create in our hearts and remind of us special people and memories vs. those of us who feel most connected to the band when they create sonic landscapes and compositions that take us back to predominant undercurrents in our lives that few CDs (even the "classics"), books, or people can't conjure up in us.

That said, the beauty of U2 is that so many of their songs satisfy these two groups and are not only monumentally beautiful sounding, but also are well-written and cause huge crowds all around the world to jump up + down and sing along.

There are songs, however, where one group's response is much louder than another's, and I think Fez is a great example of that.

i'll try to write this post without getting emotional, but i must admit, it's going to be very hard.

when i was a young boy, my dad once said to me, "son, i think you're finally old enough to try coffee". at first, i was disgusted and felt ackward as many adolescents do. but that all changed after my first swig. even though i shouldn't have drank it so fast, i knew that my dad was on to something. for the first time, i realized that my dad truly loved me.

You sure that wasn't cigarettes and cocaine?

Back
Top Bottom