Mercy - Update - News on "Mercy" 03/09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It actually never leaked, it was on the Complete U2 set released on ITUNES in late 2005 as an unreleased track.

Incorrect. It has been falsely reported as such many times, but that is not true. I have The Complete U2.

I was just about to answer that but yes ^ I have seen so many people say that. Why do so many people think that it was on the Complete U2?

I could have sworn I got it on the Complete U2 package when I got the U2 IPOD in 2005, I know I did see it later on interference via a cd rip, searching the web to see if I could find something.

I remember someone like a close friend of the band being told by Paul Mcguinness that this was some of the best stuff they had ever recorded.Im certain he probably was talking about Mercy along with a handful of other songs from the album sessions Smile,Original of the Species,Miracle Drug,Sometimes,City of Blinding Lights,Yahweh,Ect.

I hope we get a better quality copy of this sometime. I mean, who doesn't know how to properly rip something from a CD in this day and age?

Does anybody here know how we know by sure that this song we call Mercy is the real Mercy Bono talked about to a fan?
I say this because the song we have seems to me an incomplete song, interesting but needing lots of work. I can't understand how so many people say it's their best song in the last 8 years when it isn't even finished or near to be finished.

100% sure it's Mercy. Because it was reported in... I think Q magazine that there was this 6.30 song called Mercy, which was left off the album. How many songs have U2 made before Bomb came out that are 6.30? Pretty damn near none.
Bono also told the fan to "watch out for Mercy".

It's too coincidental.

Does anybody here know how we know by sure that this song we call Mercy is the real Mercy Bono talked about to a fan?
I say this because the song we have seems to me an incomplete song, interesting but needing lots of work. I can't understand how so many people say it's their best song in the last 8 years when it isn't even finished or near to be finished.

We know it is because the lyrics match what is found in the HTDAAB deluxe edition.

It is finished, and it is complete. It's not a demo. It sounds like it a bit because of the rough quality of the recording that is in circulation, but it's not a demo. It was completed and left off of the album at the last minute. I don't understand why people keep saying it needs a lot of work. It's perfect as it is.

maybe they will surprise us one day and play it live!!!!! yeah right

Why would that matter? Wouldn't you want to have it in the best possible quality?

And people who are not fans like us don't know of its existence anyway.

Well, the quality of the versions I have is fine for both.

I know a lot of fans don't know about it, but there are a bunch who do. This forum is huge and most members have the track. It's an old song. If they'd rework it it'd be good for the album, but not the way it was.

There's nothing wrong with the CD rip. The CD that U2SJ received was originally sourced from a cassette tape. That's why the audio quality is sub-par.

Thank you :yes:
Nobody ever believes me when I have said that the CD that I was given is the same quality as the one you have all heard.

Well, the quality of the versions I have is fine for both.

I know a lot of fans don't know about it, but there are a bunch who do. This forum is huge and most members have the track. It's an old song. If they'd rework it it'd be good for the album, but not the way it was.

Sure, it's in decent quality, for an unreleased song. But it's quite obvious that it is nowhere near as good as released quality, which would only make the song that much better.

And yes, a lot of people here do have it, but this forum is only a small niche compared to the amount of people worldwide who like U2. When it comes right down to it, we are really a small sampling.

I've only listened to the clip on youtube, but I like the song better than anything else on Bomb. If someone could tell me where to get an mp3 or send it to me I would be grateful.

crlecy@gmail

Thanks.

I think it totally deserved to see the light of day, and the rest of the world should hear it, but its sound belongs to the Bomb era.

I think it totally deserved to see the light of day, and the rest of the world should hear it, but its sound belongs to the Bomb era.

I don't agree. I thought most people felt it DIDN'T fit that album, and were glad in a way that it was excised.

I said it before, but from the sound of some of these clips, it doesn't seem like it would be very out of place on No Line.

Thank you :yes:
Nobody ever believes me when I have said that the CD that I was given is the same quality as the one you have all heard.

My apologies! Bad information on my end...
images

Back
Top Bottom