"Magnificent vs. Mercy"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which song do you prefer?

• Total voters
I don't even regard Mercy as a part of the U2 catalogue.

Magnificent, of course.

Magnificent>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mercy

Why are we even still talking about Mercy? It was an unfinished song that was left off of Atomic Bomb for a reason.

I dunno. Love both. Mercy has the better lyrics, but Magnificent is probably the better song overall.

Cue 200 post debate on Mercy in 3, 2, 1 ...

As for me personally, I'll take Magnificent.

Why are we even still talking about Mercy? It was an unfinished song that was left off of Atomic Bomb for a reason.

the reason being the album would be way too long. It was dropped at the very last minute after being a strong contender so i think its fair to say [regardless of the quality of the leak we've got] it may have been finished..

Magnificent easy, but Mercy really is great.

The thing about Magnificent is the ridiculously gorgeous trance thing it's got happening, incredible groove, an unthinkable song I never thought was possible. Only U2 could pull it off.

Magnificent!
Mercy = one of the worst songs ever:down:

oh come on! one of the worst songs ever? It had more energy than half of Bomb for a start. And we're talking about a band who chose 'Get On Your Boots' as a lead-off single for an album it really has no place on! :down::wink:

besides, I'm REALLY torn so I must add I'm not ragging on Magnificent just getting in Mercy's corner for a bit. Magnificent's groove is wicked. Really great bass and that beat is wicked. The only thing I don't like is actually the TITLE haha, or the way that word's constantly just sung...really poncey word to stick in a song like that. But then again I guess it is another song about God?

two completely different kinds of songs although with some slight similarities in lyrics

Mercy for me. Don't get me wrong, I love Magnificent. But I like how the brooding verses in Mercy turn into the uplifting (although somehow bittersweet? the way Bono sings love has come again) chorus, and the lyrics are amazing, and there's something about the song that just has "it." Magnificent does too, but in a different way. It probably depends on my mood, but overall Mercy.

Magnificent

Mercy is one of the worst things U2 ever "commited to tape".

Back
Top Bottom