M*O*F*O (Live)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think is more of the bass sound itself. I don't think a bass guitar unless going through some kind of effect would be able to recreate the studio/bass sound you hear with the sequencer.

That's right.
nothing like an all-mighty-exploding-electronic-bass-beat
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

though, I agree with AndrewCowley that Adam is kind of absent half of the song... well, one thing for another :shrug:

One question about the live performances of this song: Why is it that the fast throbbing bass line isn't actually played by Adam and instead done with a sequencer? To me it sounds like a bass line at least, so why doesn't he play it? I recall being shocked to see that the song starts, that fast throbbing bass line kicks in and Adam isn't actually playing anything at that stage. His role in the song is far more subtle. For me, this takes away from it, especially when Edge really lets rip with those big riffs.

Adam does play a bit on top of the sequencer but not the same line as the whole line is really fast.It sounds like a sequencer on the album as well.Yes Adam would need some bass effect to reproduce that sound so he gives the live version more bottom by just playing on top of it.

Back
Top Bottom