Love Comes Tumbling alternate versions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
Just found a version on youtube with alternate lyrics.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows which versions appear where.

I believe the song has appears on The Best Of B-side, Wide Awake In America, and the UF single B-side.

Did these alternate lyrics version appear on any of those? (too lazy to go check for myself) Or maybe it was not official released?(although the quality is very good)

i've not listened to my uf single in ages, but i do remember the versions on waia and best of had the same lyrics. the one on the best of had the false start, whereas the one on waia just starts in normally.

now i do have a demo from the uf period labelled love comes tumbling (alt vocal version) - maybe this is the same? :hmm:

If I remember correctly, the alternate vocal take version comes from the Australian pressing of the UF single.

I love this song.

A bit OT: where does everyone get these tracks? I have the actual albums and some others I've picked up (fan club CD mostly), but have no idea where to get songs like this, Lady With A..., Walk to the Water, etc etc etc...

Help? Is there some 10-CD master collection all the true fans have that I've missed? Have mercy on me; I'm a young fellow. :reject:

I love this song.

A bit OT: where does everyone get these tracks? I have the actual albums and some others I've picked up (fan club CD mostly), but have no idea where to get songs like this, Lady With A..., Walk to the Water, etc etc etc...

Help? Is there some 10-CD master collection all the true fans have that I've missed? Have mercy on me; I'm a young fellow. :reject:

It seems to me you are not making the most of your Internet connection.

not everyone's appetite can be stilled with downloads, what Gilead12 is looking for is the complete CD-singles collection.

From JT onwards singles/12" started to become avalable as CD-singles (three singles for JT, four singles for R&H, etc.)

With AB multiple versions stated to appear (EBTTRT ..:: U2 Discography - Even Better Than the Real Thing Single / U2 - U2Wanderer.Org ::..)...
...growing into the rediculous for Pop (half a dozen Discothèque versions ..:: U2 Discography - Discoth�que Single / U2 - U2Wanderer.Org ::..)

IIRC the JT-three were sold (rereleased) as a cellofane package, after the release of R&H, for those who missed out on the original release, dumping old stocks on collectors.

Followed by a release of older 12"s on CD (Fire, NYD, SBS, Pride, TUF CD-singles) around the time of AB. These five are at the bottom of each representative page on ..:: U2 Discography - Sunday Bloody Sunday Single / U2 - U2Wanderer.Org ::..

The internet could obviously help Gilead source the originals, but $20 for the TUF CD single, just for Bass trap is a bit much...
...or how about $50 for the CD-single featuring Fire / J. Swallow / 11 O'Clock Tick Tock / The Ocean.

the EBTTRT remixes are available from $0.99 to $99 :crack:

I love this song.

Some of these tracks (like Love Comes Tumbling, Walk To The Water, Luminous Times (Hold On To Love), Lady With The Spinning Head, etc.) also appeared on the B-Sides bonus discs of The Best Of 1980-1990 and The Best Of 1990-2000.

yeah the remasters are pretty comprehensive, let's see if that also applies to future TUF, R&H or AB remastered versions...

yeah the remasters are pretty comprehensive

So far, the only major oversights have been leaving "Out of Control (Live From Boston '81)" off of the BOY remaster (it is featured on one of the CD singles for "Sweetest Thing (Single Mix)") and "Two Hearts Beat as One (Import Mix)" off of the WAR remaster (still never released on CD, only on a French 7" vinyl).

So far, the only major oversights have been leaving "Out of Control (Live From Boston '81)" off of the BOY remaster (it is featured on one of the CD singles for "Sweetest Thing (Single Mix)") and "Two Hearts Beat as One (Import Mix)" off of the WAR remaster (still never released on CD, only on a French 7" vinyl).

Don't forget Stories For Boys (Live from Boston '81), which was also on the Sweetest Thing single and An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart (Live from Boston ' 81) which was on a rare NME magazine cassette sampler. Also, An Cat Dubh and Twilight live from Red Rocks were on the other single of Sweetest Thing.
And I'd hoped for the early demos, as released on The Complete U2 iTunes digital boxset.

When it comes to the remasters, comprehensive to me refers first and foremost to full studio B-sides versions, add perhaps almost finished demos and alternate takes. Remixes are more of a bonus (there are some great ones) but live versions usually only make sense if they are part of a full concert, or a coherent unit of several live songs (ie. Please Popheart EP)

Unfortunately U2 have a history of lumping live and studio together on EPs, albums and CD-singles (WAIA, R&H, Stay etc.) I accept that R&H tries to keep that soundtrack feel but some of the transitions take away from both songs. Also, using a live song from a previously album as a B-side to the next album doesn't make sense to me:

The Ocean -live- as a B-side to Fire, BTBS -live- behind Stay etc.
Some of these combinations couldn't have been picked worse.

There are some good combos as well (Stay -live- on Walk On, or I Will Follow -live- on Elevation)

slightly OT, but I just wish they would've turned UABRS remastered into a full concert CD with more Lorelei stuff. I used to have a taped version off German TV and that performance was brilliant, with better audio than Red Rocks as well.

I also cannot stand the fact that something like Live from the Point Depot, or Boston81 was only released digitally through that iCrap stuff. Give me a proper CD that I can put in my car's CD player!

I have a 2 disc set of one of the 89 Point Depot shows that I got years ago....I think it was taped on 12/27/89..it has Maria Mckee singing "People Get Ready" with Bono and also BB King on WLCTT...also, Bono giving the speech at the end of how they have to go away for awhile and dream it all up again....

Bono giving the speech at the end of how they have to go away for awhile and dream it all up again....

I don't think they went anywhere yet, considering that I saw them perform at LoveTown Rotterdam a week later ;)

but I'm guessing your Point Depot Cd was a bootleg...

Back
Top Bottom