Linear DVD in 5.1 surround sound?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bfunkthe1

The Fly
Does anyone know if the Linear DVD that comes with limited edition NLOTH will be in 5.1 surround sound or just 2-channel stereo? Seeing that's basically NLOTH album with 3 other songs, it would be amazing if it was 5.1 surround sound. From what I've heard of NLOTH it could really benefit from this format.

If Linear contains the album tracks in 5.1 and at a higher resolution than redbook cd (not just upsampled), that would be a dream come true. It would never leave my player. Sounds too good to be true to get U2 in hi-res surround though.

If Linear contains the album tracks in 5.1 and at a higher resolution than redbook cd (not just upsampled), that would be a dream come true. It would never leave my player. Sounds too good to be true to get U2 in hi-res surround though.

I have to agree.
Seeing is how no U2 studio album has been mixed in 5.1 surround sound/DTS or high rez I don't think they're gonna start now.
I guess we can still hope though. NLOTH needs a 5.1 mix. It's so layered and textured. 5.1 would bring out everything.

Back
Top Bottom