Liam Gallagher has a few digs at U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh really, Liam? Well, for your information, I own every U2 and Coldplay album, and saw Coldplay live last year (it was a great experience.) I've never seen U2 live, but my cousin's wife has (on the 360 tour), and she thought it was awesome. She took pics, wanna see? :doh:

I think it's OASIS fans that are bought. When was the last time you saw anybody saying anything about this band? They're washed up. I had an Oasis record, and I sold it when I realized how awful it was.

Wow, strong words from Liam . . . considering that Oasis seems to be a premium example of a band that severely overestimates its own legacy.

Liam Gallagher has just been named greatest frontman ever by Q
Bono was 2nd... :D

Here's the full top 20

1) Liam Gallagher

2) Bono

3) Freddie Mercury

4) Damon Albarn

5) Chris Martin

6) Matt Bellamy

7) Jim Morrison

8) Bob Marley

9) Paul McCartney

10) John Lennon

11) Robbie Williams

12) Debbie Harry

13) Mick Jagger

14) Morrissey

15) John Lydon (a. k. a Johnny Rotten)

16) James Brown

17) Bruce Springsteen

18) Robert Plant

19) Tom Meighan

20) Joe Strummer

Daltrey, Elvis...?

Liam is ok with BONO
here are some more recent quotes from a USA interview

Elsewhere in the interview, Liam explained his recent comments about U2 and Coldplay's dress sense and he joked they should go out and buy his own clothing range Pretty Green, which he is currently promoting in the US.

"I've met Bono before and he's a geeser but someone asked me about fashion and you can see a lot of bands are styled like Coldplay and you know they don't buy their own clothes and you should, you should buy Pretty Green.

He added: "Coldplay are alright but they don’t do it for me that much, they're not rock 'n' roll enough man. They live all around the corner from me so I don’t want to say too much in case they come round and give me a paper cut." :lol::lol::lol:

Liam Gallagher: 'David Bowie and T-Rex have inspired my post-Oasis album' - video | News | NME.COM

Liam Gallagher reminds me of a metro teenager, using words such as "man" and shamelessly promoting himself.

But then I can't believe that it is really Liam talking as he'd throw in some expletives for good measure.

See, he loves Bono really. I wouldn't say the role of a frontman is to keep the band together, a great frontman doesn't have to be determined by longevity. I certainly wouldn't say Bono keeps U2 together any more than any of the other 3.

To get the facts correct, Liam and Oasis were together longer than Blur, Coldplay, Muse, The Doors, The Beatles, Sex Pistols, Kasabian, The Smiths, so he's more than eligible. Plus, circa 1995-96 his voice was the best rock voice of his generation imo.

OMG I just noticed that. And he's above Robert Plant!!! As greatest frontmen ever!! That list is seriously fucked up. And he's above Morrissey! :down::down::down:

Here's the full top 20

1) Liam Gallagher

2) Bono

3) Freddie Mercury

4) Damon Albarn

5) Chris Martin

6) Matt Bellamy

7) Jim Morrison

8) Bob Marley

9) Paul McCartney

10) John Lennon

11) Robbie Williams

12) Debbie Harry

13) Mick Jagger

14) Morrissey

15) John Lydon (a. k. a Johnny Rotten)

16) James Brown

17) Bruce Springsteen

18) Robert Plant

19) Tom Meighan

20) Joe Strummer

Daltrey, Elvis...?

Elvis, as a solo performer, might not be considered a "front man". However, Daltrey should be on that list.

And while I don't always agree with the order, I agree with the overall list with the exception of Liam. I would not put him anywhere near these legends.

The fact that Chris Martin is above any of those below him is frankly staggering. A better frontman than Robert Plant ??!! The Golden God of rock?? Unbelievable fail.:doh:

Back
Top Bottom