Lemon Cover Band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Um, that's wayyyy beyond 'not bad'. It's near perfect imo. (Incidentally, when someone posted their Fez a while back I scoffed based on it being Fez and all...but I have new respect. They're pretty damn good in this one)

eta: holy fuck

YouTube - WHEN I LOOK AT THE WORLD Live U2 song By lemon.mpg

They better get a good lawyer. ;)

WOW!:shocked: That is just a beautiful performance of that song!!1!!!11 I would pay a lot to see that live. Fantastic version of WILATW.:applaud::applaud::applaud:

I wish U2 would at least try Being Born--->Magnificent--->NLOTH as an opening trio sometime. It's highly unlikely that the crowd would give up on the show if it went poorly anyway. After all, they'd still have Stuck In A Moment and Elevation waiting in the wings!

that cover of When I Look At The World is fucking insane. One of my favourite U2 songs, always wished they'd play it live. It's basically a perfection rendition and shows that it actually works without all the guitars live. Their Edge has it covered really. Very very impressive.

^ this shows that U2 not playing these songs is a crime

totally agree.

also - i never knew The Edge had forgotten how to play it. Surely he can just figure it out again ;) unless he's not being totally serious like with A Celebration

wow.. this is propably the first time im not anoyed by someone singing u2songs.
Normaly they mostly sound like they need to go to the bathroom really bad, but this is really good!:up:

also - i never knew The Edge had forgotten how to play it. Surely he can just figure it out again ;) unless he's not being totally serious like with A Celebration

From what I remember, its not that edge forgot how to play the song....he forgot how to make the effect for the guitar. He played a snippet of the song during bad so he clearly didn't "forget" how to play it.

Heartland is good if a little too blindly following the original.

Other two, I can see why they didn't get played live...

I reall wish someone of U2 would see this and then realize that Being Born could be awesome live. :drool:

You realize that there are two guitars going on during Lemon's version, right? Their "Bono" is playing also.

haha yeah i did :lol: - but he's just playing chords on an acoustic. I'm talking about all the fancy effect laden stuff. And it sounds like more than just one electric and one acoustic on the studio version.

From what I remember, its not that edge forgot how to play the song....he forgot how to make the effect for the guitar. He played a snippet of the song during bad so he clearly didn't "forget" how to play it.

Well to be fair he switched around the guitar part for Bad while Bono sang WILATW then played the necessary chords for the chorus. I was just thinking aloud that someone like the Edge who experiments with effects must surely be able to come up with a sound faithful to the original. :up: or maybe something different based on the same ideas

Well to be fair he switched around the guitar part for Bad while Bono sang WILATW then played the necessary chords for the chorus. I was just thinking aloud that someone like the Edge who experiments with effects must surely be able to come up with a sound faithful to the original. :up: or maybe something different based on the same ideas

Yeah I agree. If he did something like the guy from Lemon did that would work extremely well. All he needs is a basic distortion (hello DM4:sexywink:) and a long delay. I'm thinking of recording a cover of WILATW. I'll post it if it's good enough. But yeah these guys (Lemon) just rock!:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom