Latest songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bronzefloor

Babyface
I like Invisible and Ordinary Love. I think both are lyrically strong. I like the anger in Invisible. I like the way it angry. I want punchy exciting songs from U2. Ordinary Love is a bit bland - good but bland. I want them to be punk. Pick a fight with the world, their world even. More lyrics in the third person too. Also, I don't want to hear about world leaders or inspirational people. I want to hear about nurses, accountants, gardeners - about their failures and angers. Invisible is good. I liked the 'original' lyrics too. I love how the band are looking. Bono looks great - for a change :). He always looks great but I loved the way he walked out on stage in the Invisible video. You're back, love it, revel in it, fuck people off, pick a fight with them Bono. Adam looks great too. In fact I don't think they have looked better. Put together an album that lives up to that! The band's cover of Aslan's track was great. It looked like Bono had found something. Anyway ridiculous stream over. Would welcome your thoughts :) Take care everyone and hope everyone is having a good Tuesday wherever they are in the world.

Nurses, accountants, gardeners...regular people? I'd love it if U2 made a late 60s Kinks album!

I don't get much anger in invisible. I do get a sense that it was written by a man with nothing to more to say that to talk about how he felt 35 years ago.

I hear anger in Invisible. And while Bono is singing about life 35 years ago, I think he's also singing about U2 now.

I hear a need to be heard, a need to be noticed. Which is why I wonder why, after what I thought was a great performance on Fallon they disappeared again. I guess they were that displeased with the album.

The "anger" I hear in Invisible is the only thing that I don't like about an otherwise very good song.
It just sounds a bit naff and corny when he sings "I am NOT Invisible" in the 1st chorus(not so much in the 2nd), sounds a bit like a spolied child complaining because a bunch of dick head poseurs by Camden tube station ignored him like he was "invisible" 35 years ago.
Good song otherwise, Ordinary Love too.

One of the biggest problems, in my opinion, U2 has had is that they're a bunch of multimillionaires with great lives trying to write about the things which matter to you and me. The lack of passion has hurt many of their songs over the course of the past 15 years. Once upon a time, they had a fire and an anger and it was one of their greatest assets.

It's great to hear some of that fire again in Invisible.

Back
Top Bottom